GT Bicycles Inc. 2001 Edge Older Racing Bike

2001 Edge

homebrew   Road Racer [Oct 23, 2005]
Strength:

Ti, well made, nice polish is easy to fix if scratched. Comfortable yet responsive. 15.8 lbs with ksyrum ssc wheels. 15.1lbs with renolds wheels (race day wheels)

You can buy a carbon frame that is lighter

Built this up myself and spent a bundle but I now own a bike I would not trade for anything. Handles better then any other frame I have used. Climbs like a goat, decends great(I have had it up to 61mph with no shimmy) quick handling and easy to care for. Very hard to find, I have only seen one other.

Similar Products Used: C'dale, specialised, fugi, lightspeed.
OVERALL
axel23   Recreational Rider [Jun 01, 2004]
Strength:

Excellent handling, lightweight (under 17lbs), sufficient stiffness without being unforgiving (benefit of titanium).

I found this GT Edge titanium frame on E-bay. It was built in Colorado and it's a pity they are no longer available. It may be the best handling bike I've ever owned (and I've had many, dating back to when I was racing in the 70s and 80s). It is precise, stiff, and perfectly aligned. This means it climbs exceptionally well, corners as well as any crit bike and the cockpit (i.e., saddle position in relation to bottom bracket and top tube length are ideal for road racing or aggressive recreational riders. Much as I've liked Colnagos, as well as other ti frames, this is by far the best. The trick is finding one.