Aegis 1999 Aro Svelte 1 Older Road Bike

1999 Aro Svelte 1

1999 Aegis Aro Svelte 1, road race & triathlon, Shimano Dura-Ace components, Aegis Hot Rod Carson fork

Dominic Dechaine   Recreational Rider [Jul 15, 2001]
Strength:

fast, responsive, smooth, the look set you apart from other bikes.

Good support from Aegis

None noted!

If your a recreational rider or a racer this bike wont let you down.

This is a great bike, from the comments going down the road from other riders. To feel on the road. It is fast and comfortable. After a 100 miles you still feel fresh.
It's a bike that your local bike guys wont have that's a nice thing.

Similar Products Used: Trek 2300,
sasha e   Road Racer [Mar 18, 2001]
Strength:

Beautiful finish, stiffer than a cold wind off of Lake Michigan, light as a feather, climbs like a spooked spider monkey.

Weaknesses?

This bike is something else.. the carbon absorbs normal road vibrations, but climbs like nothing else -- very comfortable ride, and the finish (I got it in Bionic Weave, which is the stiffer, full-carbon weave with clearcoat) is unbelievable.

I used to be a die-hard oversized aluminum fan (and I still ride a Klein mtb), but this is by far the finest road bike i've ever ridden -- and having worked in a shop before, I've had the opportunity to ride a wide variety of bikes, including other carbon setups like Kestrels, but this is bar none the best out of all of them. I couldn't be any happier.

Similar Products Used: Klein Quantum Race, Cannondale R900, Specialized Allez Epic
Bicycle BOB P   Recreational Rider [Apr 16, 2001]
Strength:

Absorbs the road shock much better than a Trek does! Stiff and can it climb! The new geometry is really awesome. Call the bikeman at 1 800 bikeman for the best service in the world! They know bikes and how treat people great!

NONE

I'll be going to the Plastic Surgeon this week to have this grin and smile of mine toned down! I find myself staring at the bike in my garage when I get home from work at nite (midnite) and wishing it was day time! This is a great bike for the recreational rider and the long distance rider. I wish I had this bike last year on my coast to coast ride. If you're looking for a real sweet ride and don't need to impress people with a $5000.00 bike, buy an Aegis. If you want a true dream bike that is totally functional and without hype, buy an Aegis. If you want good service and a great value, buy an Aegis from the bikeman!
I can't get over how good an experience this has been! Keith at Aegis was outstanding and always had the time to answer every one of my questions. And the Bikeman at Bath Cycle and Ski is outstanding when it comes to great pricing and personalized service. Davis and Wally are great guys who know Bikes!!!!! See Bikeman.com or call 1 800 bikeman.
If you're tired of having that sore neck and back and want to feel your fingers after a ride consider the Aegis very strongly. The bike is a great climber and down hill is a real joy. I've been up to 51 MPH so far and it's as smooth as silk, no shake , no shimmy and very predictable.
I can't get over just how much better the ride is over my Trek. Some great things are made and built in Maine. Aegis and the Bikeman are TWO of them.