Bianchi 2001 Brava Older Road Bike

Bianchi 2001 Brava Older Road Bike

[Jun 04, 2001]
sherri

Strength:

great value for the price. nimble bike that can take a beating. great tires, decent wheels. Comes with pedals.

fussy derailleurs, squishy brakes, hard seat. Heavier than the aluminum models.

I bought this bike primarily for cross-training, so I didn't have the budget to get a $1000+ bike. I've been very happy with it so far. It's light (for steel) and responsive and yet can take the abuse that NYC street riding can dish out.
On the trails it is very light and fast, and not too heavy for those steeper climbs. Very comfortable on longer trips with a minimum of road vibration. Definitely the best value in this price category.

OVERALL
[Jul 09, 2001]
Steve Jones

Strength:

Great Price, very comfortable ride, shifters work very well and are well placed, the third ring on the front is great for long hills on long rides. Basically a great price for a very decent entry level road commuting/touring bike.

The front derailer is a little tight. What I mean by that is, when you are in the middle ring on the front, and you are in either the largest or smallest ring in the back, the chain rubs the front derailer just a little bit. Sometimes chain noise just drives me crazy. The shop said the next level of Shimano derailers up (these are Sora) don;t have that problem. I knew this before I bought the bike, so its not a big complaint, but something to know.

If you are new to road biking, plan on doing some touring rides, long casual rides, and want a solid bike at a decent price, this is the bike for you. I added a rack to the back for a pack because I commute with this bike 25 miles each way 2-3 times a week. It is very very comfortable. 50 miles three times a week and I still enjoy riding.

I suppose this is a bad bike if you want to race because it does have the three chain rings up front. Also, note the weakness on the front derailer.

Marin Bear Valley SE Mountain Bike, upgraded to Manitou SX-R front suspension with hard tail.

OVERALL