Motiv 2001 Duet Tandem Older Tandem Bike

2001 Duet Tandem

brossmoore@yahoo.com   Commuter [May 11, 2008]
Strength:

Comfort and durability

its tandem so not a great solo ride

I think this is a great ride around and into town. We have had a blast with it. I have not had the problems others have had. I bought it with Shimano gears.

Similar Products Used: Other bikes
ccmclain   Recreational Rider [Aug 15, 2002]
Strength:

If you want to try tandem riding, but don't want to spend $2000 + on a good tandem, you can't beat the price/performance of this one. It really is fun to ride.

Brakes suck. I wouldn't want to ride on any steep declines with the stock brakes.

Mine was a left-over 2000 model and well discounted. It's heavy and ugly, but everything works, the shifting is flawless.

Similar Products Used: None
Rocky   Recreational Rider [Jun 17, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap at retail, and beter yet used from some one who did not use it. Cheap derailer system works quite well. It has not fallen apart. Wheels have been strong and straight.

Frame flex, brakes, seats, tires, steel parts begin rusting instantly. Had to replace, brakes cause we actually wanted to stop. A Deore on the front does the trick. Tires were replaced with IRC slicks that work great. Seats were changed, hard leather for me, super gell for the stoker. I'm just letting it rust away, the stem is a joke of thin black paint. Oh, we changed the bars, the originals were very poorly shaped for comfort.

This bike is a cheap piece of junk, that actually can be made to work quite well. Good for people that want a novelty piece and can keep it dry.

Similar Products Used: Gitane Ralley Tandem, flexed less than this motive, and was faster on the roads.