Cannondale Road Warrior 500 2002 Cruiser Bike

Road Warrior 500

mpfoell@us.ibm.com   Recreational Rider [May 22, 2006]
Strength:

It's adjustability and weight. I bought an extra large frame and with added bar ends, two bottle cages, a small under seat bag, it comes in at 24 lbs. My Jamis was 40 lbs. Seems like infinite handlebar and seat height and front to back positioning.

Right now it's the shifting.

I'm 50 years old, 6'3", 185 lbs. I ride every other day for my aerobic exercise. I have two regular rides I take depending on my schedule, one a 10 mile loop and the other a 20 mile loop. Both loops have about 1000 feet of vertical climb. I sold two bikes - a Jamis Dakar full suspension bike that i donned with street tires and an old suspensionless Trek 830 mountain bike - and bought the Road Warrior.
The Cannondale is light, fast and forgiving. The carbon fork and suspension seatpost give a comfortable ride. I thought the seat was uncomfortable but I discovered 3 inches of horizontal front to rear adjustment that fixed the coccyx pain. The brakes are good, much better than the Hayes mechanical on my Jamis - good feel and powerful. Shifting is average to below average with the rear wandering between gears and the front derailleur either knocking the chain off the little ring or requiring a concerted effort for any upshift. REI is giving it it's free warranty tune today - hopefully that will be fixed.

Similar Products Used: 199X Trek 830, 2003 Jamis Dakar Sport
dlbopfla   Recreational Rider [Jul 19, 2002]
Strength:

Great entry level bike. Perfect for the rec rider and even for the occasional century.

Original wheel set broke spokes ever couple hundred miles. Stiff frame passes on road vibration

I picked this up as a way to get into biking and back in shape. This ride has met these goals. The straight bar is nice and relaxed but if you get into longer rides then you will need bar ends. The overall setup is good and the component group has work flawlessly. I had lots of wheel problems and eventual just replaced the wheel set. Overall a great ride, I’ve put over 3000 miles on it in the past 10 months including several 100+ and would recommend it to some looking to get into cycling without spending a lot of money.

Mario Rossi   Recreational Rider [May 16, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight, good components (Shimano Tiagra) and very good overall finishing.

None so far.

Already owned a mountain bike and decided to get a road bike with a straight bar because do not feel comfortable using standard road bars in long rides. The Warrior 500 is very comfortable yet shows good performance and allows me to ride side-by-side with standard road bicycles. Overall quality very good. I just would like to suggest that the video tape wich comes with it to focus more on maintenance than advertisement. Afterall...I''ve already bought the bicycle and do not need more advertisement!

Similar Products Used: Standard roda bicycles.