Cannondale Silk Adventure 400 2002 Cruiser Bike

Cannondale Silk Adventure 400 2002 Cruiser Bike

[Oct 09, 2009]
petew41133

Strength:

Light, fairly fast, very well built.

None that I can think of.

I now have 3,000 miles on the bike, bought in 2004. Replaced the chain, and gripshift which wore out. Put new brake pads on, other than that, runs like new! Best bike I've ever owened, rides like a charm.

Specialized, Giant

[Sep 23, 2002]
paul

Strength:

Ride, comfort and handling

The 2002 model needed just a bit more tire to deal with off road and hard trail riding.

This bike just rocks! I gave up lookingat treks and raleigh mountain to go hybrid. I am not disapointed.

[Sep 12, 2002]
ahkjmu

Strength:

Strong frame. Cushy ride makes riding long distances easy.

Haven't found any yet

I checked out Marin, Raleigh, Trek, Specialized, Rocky Mountain, and came to the conclusion made in USA means alot. The frame is handmade in Bedford, PA. The companies mentioned above are made in either Taiwan or China. I weigh 215 lbs and the frame has no problems at all. I used to ride a road bike and thought I would miss the speed. Not at all. This bike will keep up with most road bikes out there and have you extremely comfortable at the same time. Why buy a bike for speed and not be comfortable. Doesn't make sense to me. Do you buy a Porshe for speed and not comfort? I didn't think so.

Trek road bike

[Jun 22, 2002]
Marc Bianchi

Strength:

Cushioned ride. Shocks on the handlebar stem and under seat.

Wanted bright yellow. Got black.

My wife purchased this black shiny bicycle for my 41st B-day. It replaces an 8 year old Giant Innova. The Cannondale has a soft Selle seat which is on a post moderne stem. It is extremely comfortable. The bike takes bumps very well and is easy to ride. I am heavy and feel very comfortable on this bicycle. I tested my son's Bianchi Boardwalk which is a great bike, but for a more cushioned ride I like the Silk Adventure.

Bianchi Boardwalk, Giant Innova.

[May 21, 2002]
Jay

Strength:

Workmanship and Finish quality. Lightweight. Stable. Upright seating position. Solid component list.

Impressive bike.