Cannondale Silk Warrior 1000 2002 Cruiser Bike

Silk Warrior 1000

Dale 1   Recreational Rider [May 03, 2002]
Strength:

Dial out Headshox Relaxed geometry for comfort Component mix - 105/Ultegra Flat bar - convenience and comfort in bike paths.

None noted yet.

I bought this bike after having a Cannondale H400 for a year logging over 2400km with it. I liked the ride and feel of a Cannondale so I decided to upgrade without compromising comfort. The Silk Warrior 1000 was definitely the right choice. After reading several reviews and specs of other bikes in the market, the componentry mix and price of the 1000 is definitely a good value. The dial out shock option is a definite plus since road conditions can change drastically in the areas that I ride. The near racing gearing does not give me a problem since hills are gradual and long stretches have been a joy. The overall comfort is good if not better than the H400 except for the seat which is not as plush. The ride is much quieter and smoother shifting is definitely noticeable. I would want to test ride a Klein Quantum TT (the closest match to the 1000 that I could see)for comparison.