Cannondale Silk Warrior 900 2002 Cruiser Bike

Silk Warrior 900

cride   Recreational Rider [Jun 15, 2002]

Lightweight looks great good shifting gears good brakes pretty smooth and quite ride

stock saddle (painful!) initial squeak (they fixed it) No rear rack seat stay mounts

I really like this bike. I have a mountain bike and I wanted a road bike for an upcoming tour. I wanted light weight, comfort and speed. I think I found it in the silk warrior 900. The head shock works well, although I have to admit that even when the shock is locked out, it rides pretty well. Since I was going to be riding over mountain passes, I changed the rear cassette from the stock 12-25, to a 11-35. I also had to change the rear derailleur from the stock Ultraga to a deore XT. I also changed to tires from 25c to 28c. With the addition of a suspension seat post, I was ready for business. This bike looks fast, and when I am on it, I feel fast. Acceleration is excellent. The gears shift flawlessly. I read a lot about the harshness of aluminum road bikes, but this bike seems pretty comfortable (could be the suspension seat post and fatter tires) I rode this bike for about 450 miles so far and it really rides well. The bike climbs well, so I really haven't had to use the small chain ring much, or the big cogs in the back. I initially had a problem with a squeaking noise coming from the bottom bracket and the rear derailleur. However 2 trips back the the bike shop solved that problem. The stock seat (Sella Royal Gel) was rather painful. I realize it is a personal thing, while it looked good, it did not work for me. I thought this bike was kind of pricey but I thought I got a great deal, especally since I made so many modifications. The guys at the bike shop were great!