Performance R-102 Road 2002 Cyclocross Bike

R-102 Road

hwttdz   Road Racer [Feb 01, 2004]
Strength:

I like the geometry, a little rough ride and the frame does flex a little accelerating, price

Tiagra groupset, ghost shifting, not a good price if you're riding a lot

This is a great bike for someone who doesn't log a lot of miles or very hard miles. After far too much abuse the tiagra shifters finally died. I replaced them with the expensive ultegra ones hoping they last a good long time. It's not a super light bike but if you've got the power it can move. I haven't experienced any wobble due to a poorly aligned fork. It rattles a good bit on rough roads but flexes on accelerations. My front hub also got very, very rough after a while, it was generating a lot of internal resistance. Because of parts I've had to replace I wish I had just started out with a bike that was better able to take hard training. I've spent more than I would have on a nicer bike in the first place. It's a solid bike but doesn't top any categories.

Similar Products Used: Leader 735r
OVERALL
Frank Novak   Recreational Rider [Jul 02, 2002]
Strength:

Proce, Good entry level component group (Tiagra). 9 Speed Cassette. Kevlar tires and SPD pedals are included.

No Carbon Fork makes for a rougher ride.

I've started road bicycling after many years of mountain biking. I was looking for a good quality bicycle for fitness, commutiing and occasional races. I recommend it for someone who is a novice racer or someone wanting to get into serious road biking.