Gary Fisher Utopia 2002 Hybrid Bike

Utopia

JCAR   Recreational Rider [Feb 02, 2005]
Strength:

Components,Speed,ease of operation,dependability, Light weight

saddle

This was my first non-department store bicycle so it is head and shoulders above anything I have ever owned. The bike has been nothing but a pleasure to ride,it's smooth shifting,speed and quietness keep me wanting to ride. The bike also handles and brakes very well. I feel the component package on this bike is of descent quality for this price range. The Bontrager 700c wheels are strong, light weight and look pretty wild,(with the paired spoke technology). The fork does take just enough of the impact of small bumps to not drain every ounce of energy out of you.The saddle was a little uncomfortable and was recently upgraded.In addition to the saddle I also added a Cateye computer and some bar ends. This bike was one of my best purchases and I am sure I will enjoy for years to come.

Stuart Hall   Recreational Rider [Feb 11, 2003]
Strength:

Good components and quality for the price. A "do anything" attitude.

My saddle makes me numb instantly, so it will be replaced. My wife will probably upgrade, also.

I bought this for my wife, and I bought a 2001 model for myself. Seemed to be the best balance between quality and price, and a good, versatile performer for casual riders like us.

Similar Products Used: Ancient Schwinn hybrid.
Mike   Recreational Rider [Jul 02, 2002]
Strength:

light and strong, really takes dirt road punishment well. Fast on the pavement although the front shock is a killer on a long climb.

Very poor (sore) saddle was replaced quickly.

A lot of bang for the buck. Fun to ride off pavement. My other bike is a Trek 5200. Big differance in vibrations in the seat, with a long ride on the Utopia taking a larger toll on the tail end

Similar Products Used: Test rode Trek 7700FX, 7500FX, 7700, 7500.