Trek 7100 2002 Hybrid Bike

Trek 7100 2002 Hybrid Bike

[May 17, 2014]
Cheryl

Strength:

very comfortable long lasting bike

never had any major problems with it. great bike.

I have had my bike for a lot of years it is a great bike I have not had very many problems with it. I just recently rode it to work a couple of weeks ago and somebody stole the seat and post on me, now I am going to have to put a seat lock on it. I have to double lock it in my garage cause somebody tried to steal the back tire on it. seems like everybody is always after the most expensive bikes for some reason.

[Aug 07, 2012]
lws

Strength:

Awesome ride

Have one i"m trying to sell.

[May 21, 2011]
paul flaherty

Strength:

comfortable,reliability.

tad heavy,tires go flat semi reg basis

the bike is reliable comfortable a tad heavy and tires go flat on semi reg basis.good bike for money.

jamis

[Sep 27, 2010]
Tim Oliver

Strength:

Durable, comfortable, versatile

Heavy

Great bike, comfortable and dependable.

[Aug 10, 2010]
Andrea

Strength:

Easy, comfortable ride
Good for the rider who wants to spend hours riding
Easy shift and smooth glide

Tires do not hold air well

I have owned this bike for 8 years. I added a new saddle, lights, speedometer and IPOD. The store I bought it at adjusted it to my build and I have never had to readjust it. I do have the problem of the tires always going flat between rides, but have never had to replace them. I am able to hit a comfortable and steady 18mph on this bike and have hit as high as 24mph. This bike enables me to ride with my local bike club for a whole lot less than they have spent. I can literally spend all day on this bike and still not want to go home. Would like to replace the pedals but no bug deal.

None - no reason to

[Aug 01, 2010]
Biker

Strength:

Rides great

Bad intertubes and tires

I have been riding this bike for 4 years. I really like the ride of this bike. I am very very disatisfied with the problem of the inter tubes/tires going FLAT all the time. I replace 2 intertubes a month. I do not ride over anything, I make a point of that. I only ride on blacktop and never on bridal paths or stones. I hade other bike in my 30 years of riding other types of bike and never had a flat.

[Apr 08, 2010]
Ken Lee

Strength:

Price
Ride

Weight
Durability

After two summers of commuting in Chicago about 50 miles/week the bike needed some professional adjustment and a new rear wheel. My 200 lbs plus grocery shopping was too much for the original axle. It's a good value for a part-time bike but now I realize a lighter model with better shifting components was probably the way to go. Adding a rack, fenders & panniers make this a pretty heavy set-up.

Raleigh Aluminum Cross-bike

[Oct 12, 2009]
Walt302

Strength:

Solid build, comfortable seat, good handling

A little less weight would be nice, but in this price range you can't expect space age materials.

I tried out 4 bikes at Competitive Edge near Mount Tom and the Trek 7100 was the one that felt "right" for me so I bought it for $360.00 including tax. I am 50 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall with very long legs, and weigh 212 pounds. Competitive Edge set up the bike perfectly for my build. I love this bike! It pedals easily, shifts well, handles extremely well on trails and streets, and I have no problem carrying up and down from my 2nd floor apt. I have ridden it on a lot of trails trough the woods near the Chicopee River, over railroad bed rocks many times, and on glass strewn city streets and have yet to get a flat or break a spoke (knock on wood)on it. I bought a nice cable lock for it and lock it up whenever I go in a store, bank, etc. I will be bringing the bike to Competitive Edge for the free tune-up they recommended shortly. I would recommend this bike for any average rider.

Last bike was a Columbia 10-speed many years ago.

[Sep 07, 2009]
unsatisfied

poor shifting,clunking derailer,clicking in low gears,slips in first gear

this bike has derailer issues and the bike shop where I take it says they find nothing wrong with it,however it clicks in low gears and today it slipped in first gear and has a somewhat of a clunking sound,I've taken this bike back several times and still it has problems.I know i ride about 15 miles a day and they said the cables would stretch but I've only had this bike two months.maybe there is a bike shop somewhere that will fix this until then I have to strongly not recommend this bike to anyone,for what I paid,it shouldn't be having these problems of being adjusted.

[Jul 07, 2009]
jack kotsur

Strength:

Smooth ride, shifts well,

clunking noise

Purcahsed a Trek 7100 series as my first bike in a while. Payed a little too much after further researching prices. Rides well. I do have a problem with a clunking noise while only in gear ( 1,4) (2,4) or ( 3,4) had the bike shop look at it a few times and are unable to locate the source.

Diamond back hybrid