BikeE RX 2002 Recumbent Bike

BikeE RX 2002 Recumbent Bike

[Jul 17, 2002]
Brian Beck

Strength:

This bike seems to give you strange powers of endurance!!! I can ride and ride and ride on this baby, and where my other bike would crap out on me, this one keeps me going!! (You stay insanely comfortable in the lawn chair-ish seat, and are in a wonderful position to break the wind) After about 20 miles in my other "nonbent" my crotch is on fire and I can't walk for three days. Not so with the Bike E RX!

A little pricey for some, but still totally worth every penny. The SRAM 7.0 components are of excellent quality, though required some adjustment of my own accord. The brake power is good but not great, i.e. "You can avoid running over children playing in the road" At this price level disc brakes would have been nice.

Simply an awesome recumbent, and when you look at what you are getting, the price is NOT BAD at all! Rock solid construction, great components, comfort, easy adjustment, and general quality are more than you'd expect!!!

Examined the lower end bike E models, but this one is by far the best in this writers opinion. I even looked at some similarly priced Burley models, but they are of inferior design, *opinion!* and the

[Jun 26, 2002]
zookarama

Strength:

comfort, rigidity, stability, ease of adjustment

price, no USS available, not as fast as some others

I surprised myself by buying the RX- I went to the bike shop with a Vision R50 or Bachetta or Burley in mind, but after a series of long trial rides on many bents, the comfort and stability of the RX sucked me in. Quick adjustments, high build quality, and above all, comfort made the choice easier than I thought it would be. I pull a baby trailer with no problem. The bike can be adjusted to fit me (6'2", 215#) or my wife (5'1", 110) in less than 5 minutes.

Rans Rocket, Burley Django, Bachetta Giro,

[May 04, 2002]
ScottJL

Strength:

Comfort Handling Stability Flexible gear hauling options Good looks

Not terribly fast Not cheap Limited 16" tire choices

The more I ride the RX, the more I want to ride. It''''s comfortable, stable, solid and just plain fun. Elitists and snobs may scoff at it..."How dare BikeE sell our ''''special'''' bikes to the common man. The horror!" It doesn''''t bother me in the least ;)

...first recumbent. I chose it over a Rans Stratus after two extended test rides.

[Feb 06, 2002]
BentJay

Strength:

Built like a rock; low maintainence, comfortable Sweet Seat, cruise all day. On flats, I keep up with the wedgies; downhill I''m faster than the tandems!

It''s medium heavy, therefore I''m slow going uphill in the granny gear. Seat back frame needed repair but, didn''t stop me from riding.

Bullet-proof, low-maintainence, high comfort. I''ve put over 2,000 miles on the beast since I got it...I''ve never done that kind of mileage on any wedgie. On GOBA, a 360 mile tour in Ohio, I didn''t walk one hill, and I arrived with no pain, strain, or migraine. Yes, it''s not the fastest bent but, it''s overbuilt and very low maintainence...I haven''t had a flat yet, for example. On the advice of Bob Bryant at RCN I went for the xl frame size. It''s worth the extra $$$. BTW, prices seem to be soft; shop around for the best price.

I''ll be taking delivery of a 2002 Bikee E2 tandem in March,''02 so, you can see I''m a believer! I briefly owned a swb, uss bent that scared me going downhill. The Bikee can easily handle 40 mph.