Burley Design Cooperative Canto 2002 Recumbent Bike

Canto

Hunt Allard   Recreational Rider [Jul 25, 2002]
Strength:

Convertible wheelbase, componentry, ride and looks.

Seat slides back when riding no matter how tight I make it.

After surveying recumbents for a year, I decided on the Canto based on its ride and convertible style. I have ridden it approximately 300 miles since purchasing it and can't stop smiling when I ride it. 50 miles does not seem long on this bike and I look forward to longer rides soon. Great!

Similar Products Used: Demos only.
Gary Krause   Recreational Rider [Mar 01, 2002]
Strength:

Good price and high quality.

The seat tends to move a little from side to side but, it isn''t noticable when riding. The Zac rims aren''t the greatest.

I now own a Burley Canto. I stand by everything I said in the first post. The design is very well thought out and all the accessories so far fit perfectly.

Similar Products Used: Rans Rocket, Vision R-40, Rans V-Rex, BikeE CT, Rans Stratus, Rans V2, EZ-1.
Gardavkra   Recreational Rider [Dec 28, 2001]
Strength:

Beautiful design and nice craftmanship. The bike was smooth and responsive. A great bent for the price. Fits xseam down to 36 inches if you are a shorter rider like myself. The componants are good and shifted well.

None.

I just test rode this bike and I was very impressed. First of all, it''s a great looking bent. It has a clean and attractive design and rides nice and smooth which is what you would expect with a long wheel base. The craftmanship is excellent. The seat was very comfortable and comes off easily for transport. I''m looking for a second bent and the Canto is it. I''ll be ordering one very soon. I currently ride a Rans V-Rex and the Canto will be the fourth bent I have owned. I''ve been told I need to find a twelve step program! Bents are addictive.

Similar Products Used: Rans Rocket, Vision R-40 (short and long), Rans V-Rex, Rans Tailwind, BikeE CT, EZ-1, Rans V2, Trek R200