Aegis Victory 2002 Road Bike

Aegis Victory 2002 Road Bike

[Aug 09, 2007]
PaulCL

Strength:

Light, stiff, good looking and singular. Around this area, I doubt I've seen more than one or two Aegis Victory's

Update from my 2002 & 2005 reviews: Still love the bike. I haven't had a single problem with it. It still looks as good today as it did the day I bought it five years ago.
Bottom Line Question: Would I buy another Aegis Victory?? Yes, without hesitation.
How have I used it: Recreational riding at about 4000 mile/year, many trips to Colorado/Wyoming/NC to ride, and a few races and duathlons

Colnago, Felt tri bike, Tsnami frame with Veloce, GT MTB

[Sep 19, 2005]
PaulCL

Strength:

Stiff, light, and great looking. Hey...looks ARE important. Topnotch warranty from Aegis. I liked it much more than the Colnago C-40 I test rode.

My concerns with the longterm viability of CF are dissappating. I would use gator skins on the chainstays near the BB since it will scratch if your chain falls off. Mine did.

Update: The frame is actually a 56cm (typo last time) - though the labeled 56cm measures to a 58cm. The frame cracked along the toptube July '04. Aegis fixed and returned it to me at no charge within 3 weeks. Whoa!! It was a manufacturing defect. Still a very stiff, plush ride. Very, very light with my Neuvation wheels and Campy Record/Chorus components. I'm a big guy at 6'1" and 185-190lbs. Great climbing bike - heck my climbing improved.

Colnago Bititan. Diamondback Expert. Tsunami with OP/Record & Veloce (current 'rain' bike)

[Jul 06, 2005]
Donegal

Strength:

Handling is unbelievable. Replaceable and adjustable dropouts. Great design.

None So Far.

I Built this one from scratch. It Rocks! Totally stable at any speed, handles like a Maserati. I corner in 1/2 the space it used to take me. Total Confidence after just one ride. Had a bad wreck last year and the first time out on this bike, I was pushing corners 5-10 mph faster. No twitchiness at all. Stiff Frame accelerates like my old Cannondale. The paint job looks great. Cannot Fault anything about the package. I don't know if the great handling comes from the stiff frame or the slightly stretched out peloton fork. My other bike is a Vortex w/full Dura-Ace and it feels good, but nothing is as rock solid as the Victory. Tall head tube gives a more relaxed riding position. Would recommend to anyone who rides aggressively. Frame is sized larger than some.

Colnago C-40, LItespeed Vortex, Cannondale Caad 3

[Jan 01, 2004]
carbonracer

Strength:

An All USA Bike! Comfortable beyond belief. Still light even if its not the lightest. If you like a sharp quick handler youll like this. They changed the clamping system in 2003 and is much better.

Not the lightest. but how light can you really go.

I got to test ride a Ageis r/s victory for a month. And although the test bike was a bit small. I knew this was the bike I was looking for. I was very intrested in carbon frames and road and borrowed everyone I could find. The Victory was the best with a Look 486 a close second. The first thing I liked was when I ordered the frame the company asked questions about me and my riding. Im 180 lbs sprinter type and do a lot of crits. They suggested the Race Stock with the bionic weave. I cant technicaly tell you how but this set up is a sprinters dream. I have only felt minor flex in full hard sprints and there is no loss of the comfortable carbon feel. This is the most comfortable bike I have owned or ridden. I also handles well in the corners. The NJcrit scene is full of sharp turns and attempts to avoid bad racers. The bike just complies with out pushing or getting that uncomfortable "where is the bike going feel" With frame weights dropping in any material I cant say its the lightest. But I do some climbing in upstate NY can feel the difference from other comprably priced aluminum and steel bikes. Not a fan of Ti. If your considering a carbon frame you really need to try an Aegis it is the best I found. The Victory r/s with bionic weave is a high end bike so if buget is a concern It may be out of reach but if Aegis other frames are made as well they may be an alternative.The Aegis I got was worth every penny!

Guru Racelite,Cannondale cadd 5,Guerchotti El/Os (owned) Look 486,Look ks light,Calfee, Corima, Trek, and Giant carbon frames (tested) Did one 1hr ride on a C40 but it wasnt enough time to comment. And tried a Weyless carbon bike but what should you expect for so little. Guru foco and a few Serrota steel frames Loved the ride but feel steel should be left for buses and 4x4s.

[Jul 17, 2003]
PaulCL

Strength:

stiff. plush ride. lifetime warranty. Looks great. Very, very light. And..as an added bonus..the frames are rare.

I am still concerned about the long term viability of CF.

My first CF bike coming from Ti and Steel. Very plush ride. Very comfortable. Very light with my components and wheelset. I test road several other bikes (Trek, Colnago C-40, etc) and this bike had the nicest ride. I got the frame/fork for $1700 from my LBS. It was too good of a deal to pass by since this frame/fork lists for around $2500 plus.

Colnago Bititan frame. Diamondback Expert steel frame.