Bianchi Imola 2002 Road Bike

Bianchi Imola 2002 Road Bike

[Aug 29, 2002]
Paradigm26

Strength:

This bike is a real great deal. Although I probably paid a bit more for it than at other places, it is still great considering the entire component group is 105. There's not a mix-in of Tiagra parts anywhere.

As stated, the whole thing is a bit heavier than one might expect. However, it's honestly a small price to pay to go without the vibrations of an aluminum frame; that is, w/o upgrading a couple grand to go carbon.

This is actually my 2nd Imola as the first was lost to a car door vs. bike accident. A great ride. Although it is a bit heavier than an aluminum frame, I'm a bit larger myself so it's a better fit for me. Smooth ride with no problems at all. The included Welgo pedals took some tweaking to get just right, but I'll probably change those out to Speedplay. The bike can even handle the few dips and cracks on the paths without too much jarring. It's a bit difference from my last ride ('98 Giant Kronos). Even the color is great...just enough Celeste to be noticable w/o being obnoixous. I've been on four rather long rides with it already (35mi ea), multiple training rides (12-20mi ea) and commute to work with it everyday (6mi roundtrip) and there's no chance I'm going back to any other frame.

Trek 2000 Giant Kronos

[Aug 07, 2002]
almundell

Strength:

Responsive, yet stable ride. Absorbs road shock (chip and seal roads) much better than cheap alluminum. Lot of quality for the buck.

The Vittoria HSD tires (rear) became torn within the first 200 miles. Needed to replace. Found that the tire is already out of production, so I could not match the front tire for color. Had to buy a new set of another kind (Hutchison). Frustrating, as I liked the tire's color match to the Bianchi Celeste in the frame.

This is my second road bike. I started out on cheap alluminum. Liked the light, hill-climbing ability, but didn't like the jarring ride. Although a bit heavier, the steel frame/carbon fork combo of the Imola is pefect for me. The ride is responsive, fairly good for climbing, and quite smooth. The 105 group has worked very well thus far. The stock seat is even pretty good. I am very please with this bike. I wish the fame was not made in Taiwan, but it seems that many frames are made there now.

Trek 1000.

[May 02, 2002]
Chris

Strength:

steal is real, its supper smooth, I chose it over its italian made counterpart!

Not made in italy, thats if you care, doesnt have the threadless headset!

Alot of bike for the money, the Shimano 105 group is responsive and smooth, the bike rides very smooth and the carbon fork really aids in the sharp turns, bike really sticks to the road, and has a gentle but responsive ride.

cannondale trek basso

[May 02, 2002]
Chris

Strength:

bike is very responsive and smooth corners sharply and is very comfortable for long rides and it does fly!

doesnt come with the lastest threadless headset, and how important is it anyhow?

Alot of bang for the buck, very smooth rider, the shimano 105 group delivers nicely, I test rode more expensive bikes and couldnt justify spending the extra money as I could tell the difference and ive been riding alot of years!

Basso with rolf vectors, trek, cannondale.