Cannondale R2000 Si (Triple) 2002 Road Bike

R2000 Si (Triple)

trkatt   Recreational Rider [Aug 08, 2003]
Strength:

Light, Fast, Quality

A little too rigid for someone used to ti or steel. This is easily overcome by the above strengths...

Love this bike. Can't believe how fast it is compared to others ridden. It is a little rough but so is a sports car. I have smoothed it out with ti seat post, carbon saddle, Bar Phat Tape (specialized.) It climbs very well and handles even better. I was going to sell it before I built it up but have realized that the caad 7 can't be that much better than the caad 5. They are both great frames but I saved several hundred by going with the 5 and I don't think that I am missing out on anything but a little prestige.

Similar Products Used: Moots Ti Dean Ti Bianchi Cro-mo
Puzman   Recreational Rider [Jul 11, 2003]
Strength:

Frame is stiff yet smooth (for Al). Very light. Ultegra works great.

A minor gripe- at high speed the steering feels a bit twitchy, but I'm running a relatively short stem (90 or 100mm- can't recall).

This is an incredibly smooth bike for a oversize Al frame. The bike sprints and climbs well, is very light (under 19lbs with full Ultegra), and soaks up bumps better than any other Al bike I tested (including those with Carbon stays). Highly recommend dealing with Gary Hobbs at GVH bikes. A Caad5 frame with full Ultegra ran about $1000 less than a comparable R2000! I ride a 54cm, which fits well.

Similar Products Used: Cannodale Crit 3.0 Old Basso Litespeed Hyperion
Jim   Recreational Rider [Nov 25, 2002]
Strength:

Utegra Groupo...awesome. Campy Protons...Love em. Nothing missing here Extremely light for a tripple (need it for the climbs on those type of rides) W/ pedals and saddle wedge tops at 18.5 lbs (54 cm frame)

C'dale Saddle was like riding on a pipe. Had to change to the afore mentioned Selle Italia

I bought this bike after I was involved in an accident that destroyed my 2001 Specialized Allez A1 Sport. I loved that bike! But this machine is soooo.... smooth especially for a stiff Al frame. The hourgalss seat stays work as advertized. The Ultegra drive train is awesome. This bike jumps when I step on it. I changed the saddle though to a Selle Italia Flite Ti. As far as I am concerned C'dale did not miss a thing here, especially for the price. The Campy Protons ride great; The Time/C'dale Si fork kills the harsh road vibrations. This bike handles very predictably its like it is a part of me. I now know why Cannondale is as popular as they are. This bike is a masterpiece of cycling technology. By far the best I have owned.

Similar Products Used: 2002 Specialized Allez Comp, 2001 Specialized Ai Allez Sport. Nishiki International (old school bike), 2000 Specialized M4 S-Works. Bianchi.
TG   Road Racer [Oct 25, 2002]
Strength:

Supple ride. responsive steering. excellent fit with 1 cm sizes. light weight.

none so far. some say the frame is fragile, but it would take a huge hit to break it.

Beautiful frame and fork. I moved from a CAAD2 to CAAD7. Huge difference in ride quality. Fast, responsive and the smoothest aluminum bike I have ridden. For the weight to dollar ratio, is excellent. To get a ride this good I would have to spend a lot more for well-made Ti. I am using all Ultegra now with plans to get DA when these wear out.

Similar Products Used: CAAD 2 Cannondale
andy   Recreational Rider [Sep 22, 2002]
Strength:

fast, responsive, fits, good shop where purchased, light, just got it (early), good package for the money overall - caad 7

triple little touchy when shifting, extra shifting manover required, not huge deal for the granny feature

This is a review for the 2003 cannondale r2000, triple, black. Just thought I would post one because I couldn't find any reviews when I was shopping for a road bike. I am not a huge road guy, but I really like the bike. Good hardware, ultegra all over and dura ace rear derail. The specs are at the cannondale site. Shopped around a lot, almost went giant, did not like the sizing, they tried to make me a M, I bought a 52 cm r2000. Alot of other options seemed to be between trek and trek in one way or another.

Similar Products Used: mountain - jekyll 600, f500
Marcocyclo   Recreational Rider [Aug 19, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight frame. (Claimed 1096gm 54cm)Stiff frame while not that harsh a ride. Decent components spec'd.

Mixing 105 sti/brakes with other ultega components, not a weakness just a complaint.

Reviewing 03 caad7 R1000 triple. Very smooth, stiff and not harsh. I think cdale got this frame right for a stiff quick aluminum bike while not being harsh. I was shocked at how this bike was as smooth as my steel ride when comparing over identical road surfaces. Only with very rough surfaces did I feel any vibration, but so it was with my steel bike.

Similar Products Used: Only my steel lemond road bike.
azure   Road Racer [Apr 05, 2002]
Strength:

The hourglass seat stays are very good. Big reduction in vibration! I noticed that the moment I rode it. Geometry is good and the turning is tight. The best part of this bike though, is the feel and the response. It rides with me until I don''t even notice that I''m riding....

So far, not much...the Dura-ace component set is very good but might need adjustment after your first 10Km. Watch the rear tire....spokes and brake alignment might also need a little attention.

Brilliant!! This bike is a true performer. Excellent response at all times. The bike moves with you and begs to go faster. I haven''t yet pushed this C-dale but I''m very confident that it can handle just about anything. The fire red color is a charmer here in Japan. I''m very pleased with my decision to buy the R2000 (triple) over the R1000 or the equivalent Trek/Bianchi models.