Cannondale R2000 Si 2002 Road Bike

Cannondale R2000 Si 2002 Road Bike

[Nov 30, 2003]
carbonfreak

Strength:

Power transfer is amazing. My average speed has actually increased, even though it weighs more than my Kestrel (& I'm using the best tires on the Kestrel & worst -Nashbar $6.00- on the Cannondale) Ride is super smooth- no rear end bounce like I expected. Control is dead on.

Paint scratches easily. Going from a clearcoat carbon to paint, I can immediately tell the difference. Drop-outs are already scratched & so's the seat tube where I put it on my bike rack. I'm giving it a value rating of only 4 because I know it will be scratched up w/in a year.

I can't believe I'm writing a review for an aluminum bike! I've not owned anything other than Kestrels since my 856 Reynolds bike from years ago... but because it's so surprisingly good, I had to write something. I thought that it would be harsh (I only weigh 140 on a 'heavy' day & am 5'8"), but it's easily as comfortable. My set up is different from the stock in that it's 100% Dura Ace. Weight is pretty good too at around 18lbs. I bought this bike for winter riding where I wouldn't be as concerned about crashing, but don't know if I'll be switching back (or upgrading to the CAAD7).

Kestrel EMS (my regular bike), Giant Composite (felt dead), Trek 2500- what turned me off aluminum in the 1st place.

[Apr 16, 2003]
rmorris80

Strength:

Good fit. Great componemnts.

Frame is really poorly made and very weak. The company is nowhere to be found after three attempts to contact no response. So much for lifetime guarantee and really makes you want support American Products. They proudly display the "Made in America" sticker.

While I was riding on a coast ride (great ride), I was climbing a steep hill when my clip came lose on my pedal. My knee hit the upper tube about midway down the tube. I was able to regain my balance and continue up the hill. Upon further inspection I realized that there was a rather large oval shaped dent (larger than a quarter) in the frame where my knee hit the bike. My knee was not affected (no bruise) in the incident, nor was the paint on the bike, and you can imagine my dismay at the effect it had on the bike. I contacted Cannondale and have yet to get a response. I am 50 years old and this was to be my dream bike. The dream has turned into a nightmare.

far I have since taken the bike to the place purchased and none of the sales representatives have ever seen anything like it. Really not the type of customer treatment they have seen from other manufa

[Oct 11, 2002]
stdnrw12

Strength:

Light, good climber. Handles well at high speeds and under my sprint. (I weigh 158 pounds.)

The proton wheels.

This is a good bike for what you pay for. The proton wheelset is the first upgrade though. Other than that it is race ready.

Cannondale R600(2000 model)

[Jul 03, 2002]
biilll

Strength:

Price, weight, performance

Everyone rides a Cannondale

I wasn't that interested in Cannondale when I started looking. I road several high end bikes from Calfee, Seven, Serotta. I rode a CAAD 5 to try a frame size. Was I pleasantly surprised. Superbly balanced. Very stable at high speed but still responsive. Smooth ride. Light 3.8lbs frame fork and record integrated headset. The other bikes I mentioned had characteristics I didn't like. The CAAD 5 fit all my requirements. I don't know how Cannondale does it for so little money.

[May 25, 2002]
zray61

Strength:

Excellent standard size frame(63cm) and fork for me - 6'4",220lbs. Ultegra triple, Ultegra is one of Shimano's best values. Dura-Ace is the "best" but at my level of expertise it would be wasted.

The set up of the wheels and tires. See product review. Also, the seat is not to my liking. I use a Bassano - see Vueltausa@aol.com for information about the seat. It is an Italian seat that works for me.

I was looking for a triple chain ring bike for centuries and, also I need a large frame. The CAAD5 - 63cm frame is a wonderful fit for me but as noted by others both the 2000si and the 3000si are "spec"ed out more as racing bikes than road bikes. Subsequently, they proved to be a harsh ride over rough pavement. I don't think the frame and fork are the major contributors to the problem but rather the wheels and tires are the major problem The wheels and tires are transmitting the bumps more than they are absorbing them. So, I'm ordering the bike with Mavic cpx-33 wheels and Continental 700 x 25c tires. I'm using these wheels and tires on my current Klein bike and they they do make a positive ride improvement on long rides.

Klein Quantum Race, Ultegra, double chain ring.

[Mar 27, 2002]
jpbikes

Strength:

Ok value, even though C-dale gets a premium for their frame/fork. Stiff and Light (~18# w/ pedals, seat & bottle cages). 31.8 Bulge h-bar/stem helps put all the power into the sprints. Pretty cool Saeco paint/graphics.

Too High bottom bracket--I am perched up high on this bike compared to my other bikes. Not the best setup for crits. Proton wheelset is not truly raceworthy in my mind--good lower end racing wheelset, and perfect training wheelset for many. This bike still may be too stiff for some.

So far so good. Ridden ~250 miles. It rides much nicer than my previous 1986, stiff as heck, C-dale it replaced. Still stiff as heck when needed, but a little softer over rough pavement, etc. I do not know how it would be on an all day ride, but I have a steel bike for that. Pretty good setup for the $, but not the cheapest in its range. I use this bike for training and racing and Ultegra is perfect. 2002 Ultegra seems as good as my ''99 D-A stuff. Campy Hiddenset seems functionally ok, and makes the fork/frame junction look hot. 31.8 h-bar/stem combo is a nice bonus. I am not a fan of the Proton wheelset, fine I am sure, but I got my shop to upgrade me to Bontrager Race X-Lites. They compliment the bike perfectly. Quick steering compared to my other bikes (not a negative), light as heck, stiff when you need it, good parts mix: perfect racing bike for many. Happy to see minimal Coda parts.

1986 Cannondale Road Bike (retired now), 1998 Felt Road Bike set up as TT bike & handmade EL-OS Steel Road bike (Appel).

[Mar 18, 2002]
Scott Morrison

Strength:

Weight and comfortable ride. Not at all like my 80''s Cannondale which was a real lemon. The "hour glass" seat stays an Time Carbon Si fork make the bike feel smooth as silk. The Record integrated headset. Top notch after sales support and warranty.

I have not found any yet.

This bike was surprisingly supple and I am very pleased with the overal comfort of the bike. It is very light and one of the best buys on the Market. I have owned several high range Itlain bikes and this one make them blush. Not to mention the trick red colour.

Pinarello (Paris, Surprise, and Monviso), Marinoni (Corsa, Special x2 and Levito), Colnago (Super), Cannondale (3.0 Road Race), Bianchi (Brava), Specialized (Allez Comp), Miele, etc.

[Mar 16, 2002]
TALawrence

Strength:

Cannondale''s road test team in Italy proves what a sprinters dream this bike is. Stiff, light, and strong. Uses replaceable Ultegra not CODA in house components.

Not made for the centuries, the stiff quality will be too harsh for many. Designed for the Mario''s not the Armstrong''s. Can''t give it 5 stars without some Crits under it. Shimano not CODA, if that matters.

A very stiff, sprite, jump out of the saddle and gittit frame. If you like sudden accelerations and no flex, this will be hard to beat. Liked it so much I bought it today! Tested against Litespeed Sirius, Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich,and Schwinn Fastback w 105. Note: Litespeed Sirius very sweet, but just could not dial in the right frame size.

Litespeed Sirius, Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Schwinn Fastback 105, Cannondale R900, Trek 2000, Bianchi.