De Rosa Neo Primato 2002 Road Bike

De Rosa Neo Primato 2002 Road Bike

[Jul 08, 2012]
david de sanctis

Strength:

Amazing ride, great retro looks, other riders stop and take photos

The engine

I had a stage race this past weekend. My SRM died on Thursday, just as I got my De Rosa Neo Primato ready(11 sp campy chorus/fulcrum racing 0 wheels). The prologue does a wicked climb on Friday, there's a short road race Sat afternoon after the TT with the big road race Sunday. First time on steel-it is unreal! Control at 85km/hr downhill, no road fatigue, just an amazing ride. Makes me wonder about all my carbon bikes.

[Aug 16, 2008]
thwart

Strength:

A long list... but above all, a ride to die for.

Paint is beautiful, but fragile.

Best riding bike I own. Magic. Who cares that it weighs 20 lbs built up. Ride it and you forget all that stuff. The ultimate all-day bike.

Lively, quick, and yet smooth, sure and stable. Italian craftsmanship and skill.

Gets lots of miles (over other bikes) in spite of the hilly terrain here and that it's currently built with a standard double crank.

IF Crown Jewel, Colnago Master X Light, Seven Axiom Ti, Look carbon, others.

[Jul 06, 2007]
Colleen Conway

Strength:

Steel frame, great handling, excellent performance esp. downhill.

None found yet.

I have been doing charity bike rides since 2002, when I purchased my Raleigh hybrid. I had decided to get a new, lighter road bike and somehow was blessed with a 2004 Derosa Neo Primato. It is heaven on wheels.Great ride, wonderful handling, and the steel frame may be a bit heavier, but it makes up for it by giving such a smooth and enjoyable ride. I am proud of it, and I can see myself really going somewhere on this bike. The paint is amazing- it had a custom paint job to look like a classic 70's DeRosa. This bike is amazing.

Pinarello Galileo

[Mar 23, 2007]
Mattman

Strength:

Big guy strong, great ride quality, awesome handling, best descending bike I've ever ridden.

stock steel fork, but only if you want carbon. 1" steerer

This is the best bike I have owned and I've had many including other steel frames. Ti, aluminum, carbon fiber, and mixed materials. I'm a big guy at 250 pounds, more sometimes and for me steel works best. Fine lugged steel is my preference and of several I owned or ridden the De Rosa is the nicest.

Colnago, Pinarello, Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lemond, older De Rosa, Bianchi, etc.