Fuji Bicycles Team 2002 Road Bike

Fuji Bicycles Team 2002 Road Bike

[Nov 24, 2010]
IRON RIDER

Strength:

Light, fast, smooth gear changes at any moment, comfortable Fuji saddle w/ titanium rails, Vitoria Rubino Pro tires fast, smooth and impossible to wear out.

My only regret is that I didn't buy 2 of them. I honestly can't think of a single weakness on any level with this bike.

This 2002 Team Fuji is truly the finest bike I've ever owned, and I am delighted by it's never failing performance every time I ride. I bought it new in early 2003 and I wouldn't trade it for the 2010 model at twice the price. In the 7 years that I've owned it, the only thing I've changed is the tape on the bars, and a new set of tires. I stayed with the Vitoria Rubino Pro in yellow which match the frame, and performs amazingly fast and smooth. The 2002 Team Fuji looks and performs like the day I first got it. If you can find one buy it. You won't be disappointed. I can't imagine ever selling mine.

Nishiki International, Motobecane, Bianchi.

[Mar 19, 2006]
RAAM Hopeful

Strength:

Components, build, design, materials, value.

Not the sexiest name.

I got a used Team on Ebay with fantastic components. It probably had been raced, lots of miles. But it is very light, comfortable. I use it for long training rides, and for rain and poor weather. I've logged about 4,000 miles on the bike so far, with one tune-up. Fuji is a great value!

Cervelo, Cinelli, Specialized.

[Aug 03, 2005]
jjohnlee

Strength:

Weight, price and comfort ... and it is still a pretty fast bike.

Some of the Ritchey components have been noisy, but nothing a good cleaning or tune-up didn't fix.

This is a follow review to the one I posted in December of 2003. I have logged over 6,000 miles on this bike in the past 20 months and I still love it. True, I did swap the bars and stem for wider and longer, but otherwise it is still stock. Even the Ritchey OCR wheels and have exceeded my expectations and I will keep them as training/back-up wheels when I upgrade later this season. Overall, still very satisfied with this bike. Great value, very good quality.

Trek, Felt, Kona.

[Aug 03, 2004]
sulman

Strength:

Lightweight. Ultegra smooth. Ritchey Aero Road wheels are great.

Zip so far.

I bought a new 2002 model in 2004 so I got it cheap and received tremendous value...full Ultegra and just over 17 pounds for a 64cm. It is hard enough to find tall bikes, let alone lightweight ones. Great combo of comfort and stiffness for such light weight. The wheels were spot-on true right out of the box and they are super smooth. I was going to take off the goofy, yellow Rubino tires, but I really, really like their performance. Kudos to bikesdirect.com...my third bike from them. No hassles and great prices. I highly recommend.

Cannondale R600.

[Apr 14, 2004]
kdresch

Strength:

Nice paint and graphics, one of the best I've seen. Great Ultegra components (front, rear der. crank, chainrings, cassette, brake calipers and levers/shifters. You can't bet the value if you can still locate this bike. Bike went together quickly. No damage in shipping.

You may need to true the wheels. I'm OK so far but may tweak them a little after a few more rides. Seat may take some getting used to.

This bike was a super value for the price I paid. This is a 2002 model but a sticker on the box with the bikes serial no. indicated it was made Sept. 2003? I know Fuji banned it's dealers from selling new bikes on the Internet after 2002 so maybe this was a way to still get their dealers some "Internet" bikes? Sprtymama@aol.com sold me this bike. She is user sprtymama on Ebay with almost 5,000 positives feedbacks. I highly recommend her. Your local bike shop can't touch her prices. The bike is great. For my first ride I took it on the Marquee de Sade, a club training ride for The Assualt on Mt. Mitchell NC. I had no problems on this 80+ mile initial ride. I did change out the cassette from the stock 12-23 to a 12-27 for the mountains. The bike is smooth, light and shifts like butter. My frame didn't flex and I weight 190lbs. The tires cost $39 each at Nashbar!

2002 Fuji Roubaix Pro (Shimano 105, Reynolds 853 steel frame) - sold Mercier Aquila AL - sold '85 Bianchi Limited (my rainy day bike)

[Dec 02, 2003]
jjohnlee

Strength:

Pro quality frame and full shimano ultegra group with richey pro components make for a very sweet ride!

Not really a weakness, but I do notice some flex (I am 6'02 and 190 lbs) on the big hills, but no more than any other frame I've ridden. The 12/23 cassette is tough on big climbs.

Great bike, awesome price. I did my homework and could not find ANY bike this good for the money. My roadie friends ask "How much?" and "What does it weigh?" and then they feel sick to their stomachs because my 58cm weighs in at just over 17lbs with pedals!

Trek, Bianchi, and Felt. This Fuji is as good as any of them.

[Oct 24, 2003]
David

Strength:

Very light. I think it looks great, and rides smooth. Other people don't like the seat, but it is ok. My butt has never hurt on it! I can't compare to other bikes much for durability, but so far it is ok.

The directions for assembly were pretty weak. The Shimano directions were hard to understand.

I really like this bicycle! I have been looking around trying to find a bike that is large. I bought the 64cm. Fuji is the only stock bike I found that big. The bike has great components and is very light. I assembled it myself with no problems (I got a maintenance book). The wheels were pretty true. Front was out about 1mm only. I rode 100 miles before truing. It is so light and smooth. I am 230 lbs and I don't know about flexing. It feels pretty good to me when I get out of the saddle and crank on it. I did have to tweak in the shifters and adjust the front derailleur height a bit. After tuning it works great.

Last bike was in the '70's so this is the reference point

[Aug 23, 2003]
corky

Strength:

Light weight. Well engineered and well built frame. Great components(at ANY price). Smooth and responsive ride. Sharp looks. Everything works as it should. Just the best value in a top quality road bike that you will find.

No real weaknesses, Rear hub had slight squeak, o-ring needed lube(10 minute job). Wheels needed adjustment upon arrival, and once after the first ride, but not since(one hour job). Some components didn't fit me(bars too wide, stem too long, seat too.......intrusive.(total cost of "adjustments", approx. $100, plus another $100 for pedals) These would have been changed on any bike I bought, just to fine-tune it to my idea of comfort. So, I list them, but hesitate to classify them as weaknesses

Best value on the market, bar none! Great alloy frame. Full Ultegra drivetrain. Ritchey OCR wheels, Full carbon fork(including steerer tube), No low end components,,period. Light weight(16.8lb.). Great climber(once cassette is changed). Lively response, but sticks to the road like superglue on twisty downhills. Smooooooth ride for such a light bike. Nothing rattles(and I mean NOTHING). Super good looking package(better than the later models). A real eye catching paint scheme that fetches many favorable comments(which usually leads to some Trek owner furrowing his/her brow and saying "How much did you say it weighed and cost?". Old but innovative company(100+yrs). Price is unbeatable. My first bike purchased through net. The experience was all good. I changed some things to fit me better, but NOT because of any flaws, just to fine tune it to my needs. I still ended up spending thousands less than most folks with whom I ride. If you are looking for a great road racing bike(at any price), but don't mind that many folks will be unfamiliar with the brand, this bike is for you. It makes you feel like you are a real racer(even if you're a 60 year old, back of the pack, spit collector, like me). Even new riders will appreciate this bike, but it will spoil them for anything they try in the future. It really is an amazing combination for the price.

Raleigh Gran Prix

[Aug 08, 2003]
gufiltafish

Strength:

Weight (amazing) Stiffness Price Full Ultegra no cheap 105/tiagra here! Flat out speed!

The seat is cheesy. It started to take on wear after the first 15min of riding (although it is light!) -Double chainring in front w/ 12-23 in rear is not good for climbing. I suggest getting either a triple chainring or a XX-27 cog.

This is a great bike for the money. My local LBS had a Fuji Roubaix for $1095(+ tax) "onsale", and another LBS had a Giant OCR 1 for 959 + tax. They also had the Fufi team for $1495. Needless to say I was less than impressed w/ their steep pricing. I quickly put it together, trued the wheels abit....but was having some adjustment problems. Took it to my LBS and they charged me $25 to tune. Total spent on tune and bike= $1115. Leaps and bounds better than my LBS bikes (no 105 components here!). So far, I love this bike...this is my first road bike...and boy is it faster than anything I have ridden before. To sum up a great bike for the cash, but def. take it to the LBS and get it tuned up right.

This is my first road bike.

[Jul 31, 2003]
Juan

Strength:

Price, components, frame quality, & ride.

I prefer a stiffer wheelset than stock, but not a bad wheel.

Excellent bike. LOVE the frame. I was affraid that this aluminum frame design would beat me up like others I've ridden, but I find it quite supple while still retaining it's quick acceleration and agility. Fuji's Alpha tubing is outstanding! This frame climbs like a champ and is perfect for the hills around here. Can't go wrong with Ultegra components, they work perfectly. I swapped the wheels to Mavic Ksyrium Elites. I've been told the wheels on the newer models are better. I would recommend this bike to anyone looking for a high-performance, bang-for-your-buck road bike.

Litespeed Hyperion(liked it), Giant TCR 1(really liked it), LeMond Zurich(ok), Trek OCLV(don't like carbon, feels dead), Fuji Team Issue (LOVED IT, too expensive for my budget), Have also ridden one o