KHS Inc. Flite 300 2002 Road Bike

KHS Inc. Flite 300 2002 Road Bike

[Jan 17, 2012]
tonyshaw2

Strength:

Very comfortable. I have bikes that cost much more, but this is the one that I just jump on and ride.

No weaknesses really, as I said I have ridden it for almost 10 years with minimum maintenance.

This is a bike that I have ridden for almost 10 years now. I have other bikes - a flite 1000 and mountain bikes amongst others. Still it remains my favourite bike. In all this time I have replaced the saddle and tires of course and one chain. That is all.

[May 25, 2008]
Sunder

Strength:

light weight, very good value for money

seat and sometimes and shifters. It is not really for serious performance. Good only for an entry level.

Good value for the price. I have been using a mountain bike for commuting so this is a big difference.

Scattante's cheapest bike.

[May 25, 2008]
Sunder

Strength:

light weight, very good value for money

Scattante's cheapest bike.

[Oct 23, 2003]
Swimbikerunnerd

Strength:

Strong comfortable durable frame, great intro components, and strong wheels (2000 rough miles, no truing needed!!), Very good intro bike for easy Sat morning rides, club rides, touring, or even triathlons.

Heavy wheels. Bike heavy for serious racers or riders. Would like a lighter bike for tri's, but I'll lose a couple pounds. The rider makes you fast, not the bike. I hang with the group at 21 mph.

First road bike and I found it an amazing deal (even after seeing lots of other peoples pricey bikes). Strong frame, wheels, and Sora components, great ride for the price. Saddle not bad, but after 3500 miles, time to upgrade. I've turned it into a great all round ride for both long distance rides and triathlons. An aluminum frame might climb better, but the steel is much better for the rough roads around rural Mississippi.

[May 02, 2003]
treopolis

Strength:

Great frame. Sora is a good value.

Seat is not that great. Heavy wheels.

The bike is a great starter. Quality Reynolds frame and the Sora is a good value. The wheels are not that nice, but I have been able to keep up in some pretty fast packs. It is just below raceable quality, however. Consider going up to a better model if you intend to do some serious racing.

[Jan 25, 2003]
pininmefin

Strength:

chrome moly frame and fork absorb the road vibrations.Quakity paint job.shifters and breakes work very well.generious handle bar.Nice saddle for this price bike.A great a;; around road/communiter bike.Toe straps and clips worked well.

rims and spokes had to be rebuilt on rear tire.Could use better quality rims and spokes.

The value for your money can not be beat.solid frame,nice ride.very comfortable.

tommaso sicilian road bike,Trek 72oofx.

[Aug 26, 2002]
chefGmG2

Strength:

Great frame. It smooths out NYC pothole filled roads. Good looking bike, nice paint job. Recommended by Bicycling Magazine 2002 Good component group. Easy shifting

Heavy Cyclone crankset. Cheap heavy tires and wheels. Wheels need to be trued after only a couple of miles.

I wrote an earlier review and somehow it got posted for the 2001 Flite 300. I purchased a 2002 Flite 300 and wanted to tell people about the great customer service I received from KHS. The bike I bought arrived with a sizeable dent on the top tube(UPS packaging?!). I returned it to the bike shop and they called KHS which inmediately sent a new frame(no charge). they also let me ride the bent bike until the new frame arrived!!! The bike itself is a great ride and Truly a bargain for price paid. I rode my buddy's Bianchi Giro and the ride is comparable. Very smooth frame!!

Rocky Mountain Vapor, time pedals, Rox Shock seat post, Cat-eye computer, Specialized Body Geometry saddle

[May 31, 2002]
Matthew

Strength:

This bike is extremely light for the price and the welding looks good. The wheels are nice along with the Shimano Sora shifters. The beaks give some but they do not make you come to a complete stop right away.

There is a couple of weakneses to this bike though. The seat can sometimes after you use it day after day very uncomfortable. The shifting system can be very hard to master if you are a slow learner.

I really like this bike. It is a great bike for only 529.00 dollers. There is a lot of pluses, but there is only a couple of minuses.

I tried the KHS Flite 500 when I was buying this bike. I couln't really tell the difference with the carbon fork and the non-carbon fork. The Flite 300 is a great value.