Mondonico Futura Leggero 2002 Road Bike

Mondonico Futura Leggero 2002 Road Bike

[Apr 17, 2013]
Jeb

Strength:

Geometry, racing but not twitchy. How do you describe it? Italian. I had a Marinoni which I sold when I found the Mondonico, because it was a touch too big. The difference between the two was that the Marninoni made no compromises, it was a full out racing bike, this bike let's me relax a little bit more but it is still racy. Mine was still built by Antonio, it is from 1997, has 130mm spacing, and it is 54x54.5cm.

Paint job. chips pretty easily.
Cost if buying new, I bought mine off an afficionado in town, and saved $1200.

Great riding italian bicycle. You can't go wrong with it. The trouble is finding one.

Marinoni Special, Shimano 600

[Feb 18, 2003]
naseintac

Strength:

The comfort, predictablility and stablility of a steel frame. Great Climber!!! The superb crastsmanship of a hand built frame using tradional methods. Not a single flaw in the Construction. A word on the tires (Mishelin Axial Pro) The stickiest and most predictable tires for year round (and the WA state rain), with a feel very close to sew ups.

Italian paint (though very, VERY beautiful) chips easliy. If you want a tough pain job, go with the Dupont paint, not the Italian. The Dupont is Bombproof.

Purchased September 2001. Weight just over 20 lbs, but rides like it is 18 lbs. The steel frame is springy and has a lot of great action for the sprints. The geometry climbs very well (the best climber I have owned yet out of 6 bikes). The steering and handling is fantastic, you can feel the frame flex into high speed corners, gripping the road fully confident and stable. The overall feel of the bike is very predictable and comfortable

Cannondale RF900 Pinnarello Stelvio Bianchi San Remo SoftRide Roadwing

[Feb 25, 2002]
dabearski

Strength:

A classic hand made bike, from someone who has spent his life doing what he loves! To touch the lugs and feel what the builder felt. To caress the tubes and feel the love put into every step in it''''s buildup! It makes you want to ride just to ride. Sorry, got carried away. It rides as well as any bike I have tried. Steel, AL, Carbon Fiber. I still have the Trek and love riding it. But when I want to ride and feel the connection between myself and my love of cycling. It''''s the Mondonico everytime!

Some may think it''''s heavy old school etc. Not I!

I had wanted a lugged steel Italian frame for some time. Walked into the shop and it was hanging on the wall. I passed all the other bikes costing twice as much and knew it was what I was looking for. I walked out without buying it. How can you spend 1000 dollars on a frame hanging on the wall and not take it for a test ride. A month later I went back and it was still there. Damn the test ride, I knew it was mine!! Somethings just talk to your soul. It can climb better, descend faster, and handle quicker then I. It''''s more bike then I will ever need. So is my TREK OCLV. Which I took out for a couple long test rides before I bought it. But my Mondonico has something my Trek does not.