Yeti Cycles Road Project 2002 Road Bike

Yeti Cycles Road Project 2002 Road Bike

[May 03, 2011]
Jim Gillan

Strength:

workmanship is out of this world. I'm an aerospace guy and the TIG welds are unparalled - as good as anything I have ever seen in my life.

All the tube diameters are unique and the bike has to be carefully built up one nut and washer at a time

My daughter bought the frame for me as a gift a couple of years ago and neither of us had ever heard of Yeti, but it looked well designed and carefully constructed; a good 'spare on hand'when the regular commuter needed more that a weekend's worth of work. I'll add to what everyone else has claimed; ride quality is the equal of any bike I've ever used - you forget about the rain in the winter in the Northwest when you roll up and down the hills to work on this smooth, stout and stable bike. great directional stability on mountain descents. I've heard that this frame was the first aluminum bike you could take home to meet your mother; none of the shortcomings of first generation 'experiments'that I saw adds for and never rode. This bike does it all - change the wheels and it excels at whatever you chose for it to do.

I've been using a Team Miyata adapted to commuting since 1984 and it's all I knew until I took it out of service last summer for maintenance and started using the Yeti.

[Aug 14, 2006]
minus9

Strength:

The Yeti is one of the only aluminum frames out there that is carefully engineered to be aluminum for a reason. Yeti was one of the kings of AL back in the day. It is light, stiff, but smooth and does not transfer shock as the large-tubed AL frames are known to do.

The roadies will wonder what the heck a Yeti is.

1998 Yeti Road Project frame. It rides reaaaaaaaal nice.

[Aug 01, 2002]
imba

Strength:

Light weight, 2.8 lbs in a 55cm. Comfortable ride for Aluminum. Value for the Money. Hand built in Golden, Colorado.

My legs.

Not really a bike, feels more like a Ferrari. After riding steel bikes for the last couple of years I was really surprised by the ride quality of this frame, rides nearly as nice as my previous road bikes that were made out of reynolds 853, yet still accelerates and climbs like a rocket. When climbing you can just keep accelating and shifting to harder gears.It just depends on how strong your legs are. Handles very well also. Yeti has built one incredible road bike, the more I ride the more I like it. Was able to order exactly how I wanted it with Turquoise paint and diamond graphics.

Schwinn supersport, Schwinn Peloton, and still ride a Lemond Poprad 'cross bike.