Cannondale T800 2002 Touring Bike

T800

dster   Commuter [Oct 25, 2004]
Strength:

Great Commuter Bike Fast enough & still very comfortable and can carry a load The stock groupo/equipment has been great with nothing to worry about but the brake pads/oil. I was somewhat aprehensive about having the STI shifters anything less than 105's but I have yet to experience any problems well after 6000km. Gear range is quite nice as well. It could use a bit of a higher gear, but not necessary as it's obviously not set up for racing.

I do think disc brakes would be a great idea , particularly if you've got a heavy load, hills, and rain. I've also met a guy while riding who has changed the front fork to a suspension-type. It looks great! He said there were only a few minor adjustments (had to change the front brakes) but according to him it's an awesome set-up.

This has been an ideal commuter bike. Just as much weight/stiffness as needed for riding to work & back with a load (panniers). I've only been out once on a short weekend tour. We had no problems (my wife has the exact same bike). We didn't have to think about the bikes at all and as far as I'm concerned that's a success. Great Gear range I can granny up hills with a load no problem, high gear could be higher but no real complaints.

Similar Products Used: Masi 3V Volumetrica Devinci Millenium Norco Sasquatch
jwhite480   Commuter [Jan 09, 2003]
Strength:

Very stable and very light. The aluminum frame is as solid as a rock. I did buy a size larger than I was used to, but it was a great decision

Seat is a little uncomfortable, looking for a replacement

Bought the bike to replace my Cannondale Silk 700 Adventure. I wanted a touring bike to ride longer rides, do commuting and help get me in shape. The bike has performed flawlessly. Very stable when loaded and a great deal.

Similar Products Used: Trek 520
PhillUW   Commuter [Dec 13, 2002]
Strength:

Quality components from a quality manufacturer. Well thought out. Superb value-for-money.

None as yet.

I was after a tourer which could be used for weekend trips and could handle the daily commute with minimal hassel. I was fortunate to be in Vancouver at the time so popped into BSP and bought the T800 (much cheaper than in the UK!). It fits the bill perfectly; it's comfortable to ride, fast, and very smooth. The build quality is second-to-none, with exceptionally good components used throughout. Was intially sceptical about the cantilevers, but they seem to work well. Managed to get it a nice British Racing Green rather than the tasty yellow(Cannondale don't mention this colour).