Cannondale Multisport 2000 Si (700c) 2002 Triathlon Bike

Multisport 2000 Si (700c)

COWISLANDER   Triathlete [Sep 06, 2004]
Strength:

WEIGHT, DESIGN, RIGIDNESS, PRICE COMPARED TO Q-ROO AND CERVELO.

LOUZY STOCK SEAT, AND A NERVE RACKING CLICK IN THE BOTOM BRACKET.

THIS BIKE WAS A HUGE STEP UP FROM MY LEMOND TOURMALET. IT IS A GREAT, FAST, RIGID TRI BIKE. I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. IT EVEN LOOKS FAST SITTING STILL. I HAVE PUT A LOT OF MILES IN IT IN THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF, AND IT IS A COMFORTABLE RIDE(AS MUCH AS ANY CONVENTIONAL TRI BIKE CAN BE) DEFFINATELY REPLACE THAT BULKY TRI GEL SADDLE THOUGH.

Similar Products Used: LEMOND TOURMALET.
morgan13   Triathlete [Dec 20, 2002]
Strength:

Great components - Ultegra, Syntace - very smooth.

Stock seat from Cannondale - a real nut buster.

I bought this bike due to breaking my old cannondale frame (1990 SR500) the day before an olympic distance race. Obviously, this was a major upgrade and what a difference. The comfort and speed are most noticeable. I really like the paint job - however, the 2003 is even better (black matte with blue flames)! Hats off to Cannondale for getting hooked up with Ironman.

Dave   Triathlete [Nov 14, 2002]
Strength:

comfortable, stiff, climbs well, warranty, extremely clean welds, cool paint job (I get tons of compliments)

The Mavic CXP33s are a bombproof training wheel but are quite heavy. If you are doing some serious racing, upgrade to a lighter, more aero wheel. Didn't like the bulky Selle SanMarco TriGel saddle either.

When shopping for a tri bike last Spring, I tried every brand in the $2000 range that I could find: Cervelo, Guru, Softride, Trek, Quintana Roo, plus some others. I chose the Cannondale because it had the stiffness and lightness of aluminum without the harsh ride that most aluminum tri-bikes have. I attibute this to the carbon fork and curved CAAD5 seat stays that take the sting out of the road. It feels like you are rolling on the road instead of rattling across it like on some aluminum frames. I have ridden numerous centuries with it so far and never felt "beat up" by the bike. It is a very smooth (not as smooth as steel however) and stable ride, even at 50mph. The bike's stiffness is apparent when climbing and accelerating. Aside from some personal preferences in saddle and tires, this bike had everything I needed for triathlon. So far it has been a pleasant ownership experience. Great bike, great value.

Steve Baumann   Triathlete [Oct 03, 2002]
Strength:

The stiff solid feel of the bike. I like to feel the road to some degree although the S-stays and carbon fork make the ride much smoother than my old Trek 1000.

Like a previous reviewer mentioned, at slow speeds there is a small click sound in the bottom bracket.

The bike has a very solid feel to it, which I like. The components are Ultegra and everything worked perfectly from the first ride. The bike is very fast, increased my avg. by 1-1.5 mph the first ride (maybe I rode harder because the bike looks so cool). I did change out the seat to a Serfas gell and had the dealer replace the wheels with the Ritchey wheelset that comes standard with the Cervelo because I think they are more aero than the standard Mavic wheels. Both the bike and the dealer have been great. Also, the graphics are the best out there with the blue fade and the flowers.

Similar Products Used: Trek 1000
Leadfeet   Triathlete [Sep 20, 2002]
Strength:

craftmanship, quality, cannondale name

have a pesky lower crank/BB " tick " that can't be found by dealer or self.

Agree with first poster. Fast, stiff, light and a bit harsh but that it was I expected. Climbs like mtn goat

Similar Products Used: Lightspeed sirius, QR private reserve
Cartman   Triathlete [Aug 14, 2002]
Strength:

great components

harsh ride

At the writing of this review, I've only ridden the bike 3 times. The quick review is that it is like a Corvette, fast and very harsh ride. My second ride was a sprint distance Tri, and I took 30 seconds off last years time. I'm anxious to see what my time trial time will be (we'll see next week) I actually got the bike a lot cheaper due to a LBS racing team discount, see them for the details.