Cervelo One 2002 Triathlon Bike

One

jimmy McGee   Commuter [Dec 13, 2003]
Strength:

fast bike , comfortable ride, fits me well, very few adjustments made.

paint, decals, some componant choices.

good ride, poor finish, even worse decals. the maker boastes a cane creek headset, bike was recieved with Ahead set( yes manufatured by cane creek but marketed different) I took up my concerns with the manufacterer and was dismissed. I like the bike but I won't buy another one

Similar Products Used: quintana roo, Kilo
eniebles   Triathlete [Oct 27, 2003]
Strength:

Price level to get a great tri bike,

-would upgrade from the 105's

Great buy at the price level. I've raced it in Olympics, Halfs and Full Ironmans this past year. I had the bike upgraded with Ultegra components, Aero sit tube, and recently put on some Zipps - this is truely a fast ride.

Carl Allison   Triathlete [May 31, 2003]
Strength:

very well matched component group, highest value for $$$, great design strength & comfort

decals could peel off. . . but mine haven't, bike seems under-marketed in Florida.

Truly a "Best Buy." Race-ready wheelset, (dished rims & bladed spokes) very strong component group (the Dura Ace shifters work perfectly). Super comfy fit, I have raced sprints, Olympic, and Ironman on my Cervelo One and it has been flawless. I could have spent thousands more on a race bike. . . but I am glad I didn't. This bike really turns alot of heads, too.

Similar Products Used: Giant tcr, Specialized Allez, Cannondale multisport
spikybrownhair   Triathlete [Mar 18, 2003]
Strength:

Stiff frame, great geometric set-up, nice and compact. The wheelset and component group is an excellent, excellet price combination.

There is no clear coat on the paint job, so I think the decals look amateurish. Another post commented on wobbly-ness when descending, I didn't experience that at all, even at some 30+ mph descents.

I had been enamored by the one since I saw it on Cervelo's site over a year ago. At the time I was riding a Trek Road Bike, modified out with a tri set up. I was a big fan of the company because it seemed smart enough to do one or two things really right --- Trek wasn't fitting me as well as I liked, and I liked how Cervelo dealt with smaller frame sizes. The geometry was also worlds better for a smaller rider, with a shorter torso. After my first ride. I was not disappointed.

Similar Products Used: n/a
Jim Bartling   Triathlete [Feb 20, 2003]
Strength:

Price! Component package (especially the syntace bars, carbon fork and dia compe headset). Speed--at the end of the day, isn't this what it's all about anyway? If I wanted to be comfortable I would buy a hybrid and only ride when the sun's shining.

Decals are poorly done, maybe this is where they were able to chop off the $1000 more this bike would cost with any other company. Maybe it isn't a weakness at all... Only one bottle brazen if you care, I prefer not to have two, but some of you may think differently. Going downhill it can get a little wobbly, but then again you're a crazy triathlete, this shouldn't bother you...

I can't wait to fly on this jet! Truly the greatest deal in the almost always over-hyped world of cycling--more specifically with regard to bikes built for triathletes. Although Cannondale and Trek have better weld quality, the stiffness and design of this bike are on par. Although I haven't had too much on road time with my One (come on, it's freakin' cold outside!:) the hills I have encountered have been NO PROBLEM. This bike will scoot right up the hill, even in the aero position if you're crazy enough to try. The geometry is dead on for efficiency and power output. Can't wait for this season to get started!!!

Similar Products Used: trek time trial--cervelo honestly held it's own to the ttt.
jhw   Recreational Rider [Feb 06, 2003]
Strength:

True tri geometry. Exceptional fit (take the time at the dealer). Smooth/forgiving ride on less than perfect surfaces. Great value for the $.

Style (The black isn't as flashy as some which may make it difficult to spot in a crowded transition area.) Decals (There are some bubbles in the stickers... just a minor detail.)

Purchased the 2002 One prior to the redesign for 2003. The soon to be released Dual won't offer the same geometry and component package and the redesigned One appears to be more of a hybrid road/tri want-to-be. The purchase price includes all upgrades. This is an excellent ride for the money and will satisfy most casual yet competitive triathletes.

Similar Products Used: Test rode QR Tequilo. Currently riding customized Specialized Allez configured for the road.
felix__w   Triathlete [Jan 06, 2003]
Strength:

Aero frame, Ritchey DS Aero wheels (2002 wheels are better quailty than older models)

Great bike for a nice price. It is fast and smooth. And it is quite light (9.5kg). I did a hill climb with it and beat my best time despite it was December when in just started training again (and actually didn't try to go fast until the last km). This bike motivated me to go outside with temperatures below 0 degree Celsius and cold wind.

Similar Products Used: Road Bike with aero bars and 32 spoke wheels
Jack   Triathlete [Jul 31, 2002]
Strength:

Great bike for the price. I don't feel like it holds me back at all.

Small asthetic details such as decals are not as nice as other bike makers such as Trek. They could also probably make a few more sizes in between the ones they have.

This bike is fast. It has surpassed all expectations. It is the first bike I have ridden with the triathlon specific geometry, so I have no real comparisons to make with other bikes. All I can say is that I have increased my top speed to mid 30's from high 20's on an old touring bike with aero bars. That's literally from one day being on the old bike, the next day stepping on the new one. Plus my cruising speed is several MPH higher, and I am more comfortable on the saddle when in the aerobars.

Similar Products Used: Touring Road bike with aerobars - no other triathlon specific geometries.
Scott   Triathlete [Dec 15, 2001]
Strength:

-great frame, good components and value. -head turner

Ritchey wheels (stock) were replaced by dealer (Nytro Multisports) within 2 rides related to poor build quality (majority of spokes front and rear worked loose on second ride)

This is a great ride. Position and control are top notch. The frame quality, stock components and price are great combo. Completed 5 races last season on this bike with great results from sprint to 1/2 IM distances. Raceing in the Northeast hills are an issue...not on this bike. The tri vs road geometry controversy has not been an issue for me.

Similar Products Used: considered Trek & Cannondale (only 650 wheels), QR (iffy custumer service & quality of late) and Lite speed ( a step up in price)...it boiled down to cervelo''s reputation and a well thought out packa
Tereza   Triathlete [Dec 04, 2001]
Strength:

aero frame- within ITU specifications comfortable- not harsh like some other aluminum bikes cost- great buy in the stock format, great for the beginner and a even pro triahtlete myself

-colour black, not flashy enough -could use a second waterbottle braze on

Short course races and world cup events are my main uses of this bike. It''s fast, comfortable and smart. By smart I mean that often athletes racing the world cups forgo some great choices just to have bikes like everyone else in the pack. Although we have criteria for handle bars and aerobars, as well as frame specs, we still have a lot choice. The aero frame is a definite bonus since I know that its time gained for me over the others. When I choose to go off the front and ride solo I know that my frame is the best choice when it comes to how fast it is and how well it handles the technical aspects of certain courses. The triathlon geometry makes sense to me as I still find myself in my aerobars during the race as opposed to on my hoods like in bike racing, and I still have to run off the bike. In that case the forward seat angle allows for less fatigue carrying over into my run. This bike is a pleasure to climb on, which isn''t always the case for tri bikes. I have done some races with very steep and long climbs and found the bike very light, responsive and the next best thing to being a mountain goat.