Fuji Bicycles Aloha 2002 Triathlon Bike

Fuji Bicycles Aloha 2002 Triathlon Bike

[Nov 23, 2008]
ozseppo

Strength:

650cc wheels allowed me to swap in a higher rise stem, to save my back, and not lose too much resistance with my higher profile. Stiff, light, and responsive.

Fuji seat is painful. Stock tires as thin as dunny paper. One quick brake clutch in traffic, and I was down to the tubes!

Went in to buy a singlespeed, and the 650 cc Aloha looked so cute, I bought it. The price was cute, too! Clearance. Although I was into MtBing, I road this around a little, and bam, 2 years later I'm winning my age group in Tri's. Competitors with big bux bikes demand to know how I can possibly beat them!

I'm a n MTB guy, why would I be on a road bike?

[Feb 16, 2007]
Alan

Strength:

Acceleration - light and fast 650cc wheels
Comfy Aerobars - these are great for getting down low and hammering away.
Shimano 105 Components - good quality for the price

Seat is not comfortable for long rides
Tires / tubes only available at bike stores because of the 650cc wheels

I needed a good bike without spending my kids inheretence. I feel like I got great value for my money. Its fast and comfortable for rides under 2 hours. I love it best on shorter or hilly courses (stiff frame and smaller wheels). For the price it was great value for money. I don't think I'll be upgrading for quite a few years.

Trek 1200
Giant Cypress SX (Hybrid bike)

[Apr 24, 2002]
spud

Strength:

PRICE (same parts (almost)) with out the name, fork and out of the box put together.

was missing a special washer for the areo bars, but I called Fugi and not one problem. They were great!!!! Thumbs up to them. I talked to someone right when the phone was picked up, unlike other companies. Wish it came with pedals, but no problem. I needed to put pedals with float on it anyways.

This bike is great for an entry level triathlete. I have out rode some guys on 700cc wheels. Its light, its fast and damn cheap. It will run with the big dogs and leave them pissed off at the finish line. Long rides and short ones are great. Carbon fork is great. Hey, I live in Idaho...our roads are not "rider friendly" compared to other regions. Aero bars took some getting use to, but I use less energy riding by myself or in a pace line. Doesn''t matter, either sucking tire or breaking wind. I stay the same.