Bianchi Auto-Milano 2003 Hybrid Bike

Auto-Milano

Jane   Recreational Rider [Jul 28, 2011]
Strength:

Easy of use. Really comfortable.

Probably not the best for steep hills.

I am definitely a recreational rider and still miss my childhood Schwinn Racer 3-speed, where you changed gears on the pedals. This is the closest to it. I never adjusted to changing gears with my hands. It is a beautiful bike and really turns heads.

Similar Products Used: My 1962 Schwinn Racer
Jeffrey Ellis   Triathlete [Jan 28, 2008]
Strength:

Light weight and ease of use.

Had to get use to riding a bike with a "kick stand."

Although my wife and I own ten bicycles -- from tri, racing, multi, mountain -- this bike is a hoot to ride and makes me feel that I'm in Europe going cafe to cafe. The shifting is idea for all riders at any level. I've owned a Bianchi a few years out of college, but this has been my favorite in the casual line. If you been thinking of buying a FUN bike for you and your wife (my wife is more into yoga than cycling) to ride around in style, you have found the right bike!

Similar Products Used: Bianchi Gyro
Bianchi Mountain
Giant multi use
Cannondale Slice tri (Do not a$$k how much I paid for this one! Big bucks)
monkeyqueen   Commuter [Apr 07, 2004]

hard to pick up speed

Went from the standard Canondale Hybrid to this and found that although the Bianchi seems like it should be a smoother ride than most hybrids, it may not be the best ride for daily commuting. There are 7 gears. This could be one of the factors. Another factor is that it seems more like a beach cruiser than a commuter bike. I seem unable to gain a lot of speed on it. Can't keep up with my partner's Trek. Also on downhill coasting, I coast much slower than the Trek. The leather handle bar grips are nice and comfy but don't mean much to a person like me who's commuting in rainy 50 degree weather with gloves on. All in all, it's a very LA bike. Looks very pretty, but practicality is out the door! For a fraction of the price, you can get something that goes much faster and is a more comfortable ride...like the trek 7200.

J   Commuter [Oct 07, 2003]
Strength:

Only 4 gears, and I get paranoid about someone ripping off the digital shifty dial thing.

This bike is everything a bicycle should be. Riding it is like floating because it's so light weight and quiet. I get at least one compliment a day riding it thru downtown. One time a candy store worker saw it thru the window as I was making a purchase and came outside to take a look. The breaks are super sensitive and the rear is electronic. The seat lights up and best of all---automatic shifting. The computer on the frame changes gears on the rear wheel. If I want to shift manually or for racing speeds there is a digital dial shifter on the right handle bar, which is also a speedometer. Best Bike Ever.

Similar Products Used: .