Cannondale Adventure 600 HeadShok 2003 Hybrid Bike

Cannondale Adventure 600 HeadShok 2003 Hybrid Bike

[Jul 09, 2009]
Jack JOHNSON

Strength:

Is strong and rugged. Just the right combination between road and mountain bike.

Tire changing on the back tire is a pain because of the dual drive. (I have never had a front tire flat always the back one!!!!)

I bought this bike to do longer bike rides. My mountain bike was not fast enough.
I have used this bike in all types of conditions; across Canada, to Alaska, etc. It has been an excellent choose for me as it is has been able to handle any type of road conditions(pavement, gravel, trails, commuting). It is rugged enough for off road (just gentle stuff) or hopping off curbs.

[Aug 12, 2005]
tacopeland

Strength:

Ease of changing gears, handling, weight, smooth ride due to shocks

Changing type of tires takes a long time due to the dual drive... without dual drive, I would have purchased an additional wheel set with different tires on it.

I recently purchased the Cannondale Adventure 600 with Dual Drive 27. In the 2 weeks I have had the bicycle, I have ridden 188 miles and love it. I originally had the nubby tires on and changed them to road tires because I was riding 30 miles and wanted to see the difference. There was a great difference in the tires. The bicycle is easy to handle and I have no problems in shifting gears. However, when in the ascent gear, it seems kind of rough when I ride...I hear a slight noise, and will get it fixed at the Bike Doctor. Overall, the bike is great and I highly recommend it. This was the first bike I had ever heard of the SRAM Dual Drive on and I'm a fan.

[Aug 09, 2003]
DML

Strength:

Excellent build quality Smooth gearing system Hybrid design is ideal for touring or light trail riding

Wish it had the option of rapid-fire instead of handlegrip gearshifters On the expensive side

I researched hybrid bikes thoroughly before buying, and this model seems to have the best combination of speed and comfort I could find. The shocks make for a comfortable ride, though those used to a bike without them may find they take some getting used to. The handling is very quick and responsive; the gearing is more than I need for recreational riding, but the handlegrip gearing system works well (except for the uppermost gear which sticks sometimes). Light, yet fairly rugged--excellent build quality. A good choice for those who want a well-made all-around bike for touring or light trail riding. It's not not a cheap bike (in every sense of that phrase), but overall I'm very pleased with it.

[May 28, 2003]
chefhp

Strength:

Great for work outs in comfort. Sore legs=good Sore butt and back=bad Bike=good

My SRAM stinks. Will replace with Shimano Ultegra as soon as have the cash.

This is a very comfortable and fast bike, which cannot often be said about the same bike. My back and butt do not hurt after a long ride like on my old bike. I am, however not a fan of SRam Dual Drive. I have had it worked an twice and it still clicks in descent mode and won't shift to gear 9 on the grip shift with out alot of work.

Trek 7500 Hybrid.

[May 28, 2003]
chefhp

Strength:

Great for work outs in comfort. Sore legs=good Sore butt and back=bad Bike=good

My SRAM stinks. Will replace with Shimano Ultegra as soon as have the cash.

Trek 7500 Hybrid.

[Apr 21, 2003]
Trace

Strength:

DualDrive, handling, ability to manage gravel roads as well as highways, you can safely run in all 9 rear cogs without worrying about chain offset due to the DualDrive, one handed shifting is great.

None at this point but taking the rear tire off will take some practice

I bought this bike after 2 years with a used KHS hybrid which I loved. The Cannondale had the new SRAM DualDrive and the lock-out HeadShok which both appealed to me. As I become more heavily involved in this sport, I want a bike I can ride trails, highways, and back gravel roads with over long distances. So far, I'm very, very pleased. The DualDrive system is solid and shifting, especially on city trails where stopping and starting is involved, is simple and quick and can be done standing still. It is lightweight for a hybrid and is responsive. The front single shock is impressive- it takes out the rough edges yet doesn't give that spongy handling feel my KHS gave me.

KHS Hollywood Softtail

[Feb 03, 2003]
kdavid44

Strength:

Smooth shifting, fast, comfortable, good brakes with clutch, attractive looking. quick release seat post.

Difficulty taking off rear tire(nneed a wrench) as there is no quick release skewer. Requires removing rear shifting box and re installing. Comfort seat needs to be repace with road seat.

I bought this bike for touring and rough road conditions and for those days when my back is too sore for my road bike. This bike appears to be capable of keeping up with all but the fastest of my club rides. The Sram dual shifters performed flawlessly and require no effort to change gears so I can concentrate on the road. The single chain ring most likely will result in no chains popping off when shifting or climbing. The rear derailleur and shifting box and Sram 7.0 hub allows me to change gears and while standing still as well as when I am pedaling

Only my mountain bike which has different shifters , deore and quick release on both wheels.