Cannondale Road Warrior 900 2003 Hybrid Bike

Road Warrior 900

HauntedMyst   Commuter [Mar 16, 2008]
Strength:

Stiff, agile, fast and well equipped with a more upright stance than a road bike with is perfect for urban riding. Nice component set. Frame and fork offer HUGE clearances for large tires and fenders. Great ride - being stiff, quick and agile.

I'm not a fan os suspension seat posts but that was an easy, inexpensive swap. The frame is very stiff but really only noticeable on longer rides. The only other weakness isn't a weakness of the bike but of the dealer. It took the staff 3 or 4 visits to get the triple on the front set up right. I now take the bike elsewhere for service.

After searching through the Cannondale archieves online for a while, I spotted this bike and loved its looks (more so than the current versions) and it seemed perfect for my needs - a quick city bike. After calling all of the dealers in Chicago, I was unable to find one - not surprizing given that it was now 4 years after its release. While wandering through one of the shops I called, I found one tucked in the clearance section. I test road it, thought about it for a few weeks and then bought it. I've loved it ever since as its been everything I hoped it would be and more.

Similar Products Used: Cannondales, Treks, Specialized
TurtleRidersRule   Recreational Rider [Jul 03, 2004]
Strength:

Handles well, smooth shifting, extremely comfortable ( i've gone on trips from 8 to 25 miles )

Handlebars not wide enough.

Haven't ridden in twenty years ( and then only around my college campus ). Chose Cannondale on the basis on frame even though the firm was going to reorganization ( for the better ). Really didn't know alot about components and details. Just wanted a road bike with flat bars ( my back and neck can't take drops plus I have double vision when I look upwards so I need a more upright position) I have ridden about 300 miles so far and am generally pleased. Nice suspension seat post and lookin gel saddle is great. Thumb shifters took a little getting used to. Moving up to the largest chainring requires a lot of force with your thumb AND requires unloading the pedals. Takes practice. My only disappointment is that the handlebars aren't wide enough since my hand cannot wrap around them without engaging the shifters. I also need a shorter stem with a higher angle. Will consider replacing with a ritchey riser bar and ritchey adjustable stem. Overall, I am extremely pleased and was very happy with the folks at Roswell Bike Shop ( Peter is a great guy to work with there. Ask him about Sportsworks Bike Racks too )