Fuji Bicycles Silhouette 2003 Hybrid Bike

Fuji Bicycles Silhouette 2003 Hybrid Bike

[Nov 12, 2008]
Ty

This is a great bike. I've ridden with many jealous cyclists who are surprised that I can keep up with them on their road bikes. This bike is lightweight and just plain fast, especially for a bike in this price range. The bike is stiff, making the ride a bit hard, but a split gel seat took care of that and I right in comfort now. If you're not used to racing geometry where you're pitched forward onto your arms more, you may want to try a bike of that style a while to see if you like it. My wife did not like that feature as it initially bothered her wrists and elbows, however she loved the speed and got used to it. Adjusting the shifters is a bit of a pain, and I find it worthwhile to just take it in yearly for a tune-up (nice if you have a friend that works for a bike shop and you get a nice discount). Enjoy this bike. It's great for commuting, recreational riding, road rides, and I've taken it on dirt paths and gravel as well, though it's not recommended. If you do, however, get the kevlar tires to prevent most flats.

[Jul 17, 2008]
Derek

Strength:

Good Brakes, Good Shifting, and Fast.

Hard seat (but as I said I'll get used to it)

I have had this bike for two days now and so far it is VERY good for me. The only setback is the seat (i'm sore) but I guess I'll get used to that as time goes on. I road about 30 miles today and loved it. It is a very fast smooth ride. The shifting is great and its also a HOT looking bike.

[Dec 22, 2007]
luvpurity69

Strength:

Lightweight and Fast

a little stiff

I ride this bicycle everywhere. I have ridden 1750 miles in the three months, without having any problems. This bike is lightweight and I have a quick shifter that makes shifting easy. At times, I fill my two baskets with groceries and pull my children in a basket ( loaded with groceries) behind me. I have not have not have to do any maintenance to the spokes or otherwise, but I only weigh 140 lbs.

NA

[Nov 08, 2007]
lasertrimman

Strength:

Looks good and handles well.

Very bad spokes.

I bought this bike with the intention of commuting to work. I started popping rear spokes after the first week. Ordinary Bicycles were very good about the repairs and finally rebuilt the whole wheel with more robust spokes. I have not had any problem since then. I'm now putting about 120 miles a week on the new wheel. I would have said this bike stinks, if it was not for the great service of Ordinary.

[May 11, 2005]
fudwhupper

Strength:

Light. Quick. Good fit for my build. Price is resonable.

Wheels have had significant problems (broken spokes, twice in first month of riding). Crank and FD are low end. RD is o.k. and seems to work fine.

The bike is very quick and responsive. Good speed, but you will definitely want to extend the bars. The frame is very stiff; almost too stiff. The components are a little on the low-end and the wheels are poor. After 150mi, a spoke broke on the rear wheel. My LBS gave me a new wheel. After another 300mi, a spoke broke on the rear wheel again! I am currently waiting for my third rear wheel. I'm only 170 lbs and have been pretty gentle to the bike. Not a good sign!

Specialized, Felt

[Sep 08, 2003]
atomicz

Strength:

lightweight and fast

bad seat, spokes on rear-wheel keep breaking, weight of rider may be an issue.

I purchased this bike primarily for commuting and exercise. The sleak stealth look caught my eye as a no-nonsense bicycle. For the most part I was satisfied until I started braking spokes. I only ride on paved roads but I must say I'm a pretty big and solid guy at 280 lbs. I've had the bike for about 2 months and I've had to replace the spokes 4 times. The hub set is ritchey zero system. I'm upset because I had to pay twice to repair the broken spokes because I couldn't make it to the store where I bought the bicycle. If weight was an issue I should've been told before I bought the bicycle. If anyone can give me a suggestion please drop me an email or something explaining some options.

[Aug 05, 2003]
Hungry Ghost

Strength:

Tiagra comps performed well, solid. One of the other reviewers recommendend flipping the stem, so I did and that felt better. Easy to do.

Bought the bike and rode from Chicago to Racine WI (70 miles). The bike performed very well.. The only problem I had was the cable slid off from the front Derailleur at the bed and breakfast in Racine

[Aug 03, 2003]
geoman1004

Strength:

light weight and fast.

hard shifting, but not terrible.

Love it! I've been commuting with a 6 year old Nikishi mtn bike for 3 months before I got this bike. My commute one way is 13 miles with half being on a class one trail and the other half city streets. Perfect combination of light weight road bike performance and flat handlebars for city riding.

trek 7000 series,

[Jul 31, 2003]
bowtie4ever

Strength:

lightweight,good looks,great price.

possibly just a bit too light weight. I'm still a big guy and on my second commute the bottom bracket came loose. took it back & they tightened it back up. The next day,on my return trip home the same thing happened.Took it back again and they replaced the bottom bracket with an upgraded one.Have'nt rode hard on it since, but problem should be solved.The seat SUCKS! and is hard as a rock. Will be replacing soon! Shifting is a bit notchy , but as in the previous reveiw you get what you pay for.Have seen Ultegra stuff on E-bay resonably priced so will eventually upgrade.

after not having been on a bike in about 15 yrs. and balooning to 325lbs. i decided it was time to do somthing about it,so I bought a used full suspension mtb and started commuting 20 mi. round trip to work. My plan has been working as I have lost 45lbs and became totally hooked on cycling. As a reward for my sucess, I bought the first brand new bike I've ever owned,a Fuji Sillouette. I love this bike! It weighs 10lbs. less than my diamondback mtb,is very fast and quick handling.

looked at Specialized Sirrus & Sirrus Expert,Hated the colors it came in and had hard time finding a large framed one.

[Jun 02, 2003]
hoodornament

Strength:

Great bike for the $$. Stealth paint job.. doesn't scream "STEAL ME!"

Nothing really monumental... Paint seems as flaky as bad dandruff. Shifting could be smoother, but hey, you get what you pay for! You want Ultegra or Dura Ace? Cough up a lot more cash...

I picked up this bike a little while ago primarily for commuting, but since then I almost split my time between my MTB and this bike because it's so fun. It goes fast, and you can get a little lower and faster by flipping the stem (I don't know if it's recommended, but it seems to work!)