Gary Fisher Tiburon 2003 Hybrid Bike

Tiburon

Dillon   [Jan 10, 2013]
Strength:

I use this everyday, and i like the skinny tyres for riding on the road and yet it will go off road as well, the shifting is smooth, and the brakes grip very well when braking. the front and seat post shocks help for going over all kinds of bumps.

i really haven't found any yet.

Overall it's a really good bike, i have been riding it in the winter and the sealed bottom bracket helps repel snow, salt, ice and dirt. for what ever i ride through. I would recommend this bike to everyone. This is the best bike that i own and have ever riden.

dan   Recreational Rider [May 28, 2010]
Strength:

light enough to ride for hours but sterdy enough not be scary

they put a dumb ajustable neck on it.

I love my bike and has served me very well for about 5 years.

Similar Products Used: garry fisher mountian bike
Robert Sargenti   Recreational Rider [Oct 11, 2008]
Strength:

Well made. Solid. Does a lot of things well.

Heavy. I found stock seat uncomfortable and I really just don't get suspension seat posts, when will they go away?

I am loving this bike! In the era of $900.00 "entry level bikes" I find this to be a great bargain.It is true that there are really no compnents considered high quality, but everything works well for the intended use.I use it for local bike path riding and excursions into nearby NYC and have done several 30 to 40 mile trips in great comfort.The bike is a bit heavy , but at 6'4" and 250lbs. I do not mind and it is not that easy to find a true 25" frame these days. I do not see the need for a suspension fork on this type of bike but I recognize that the market insists on it so I will suffer along 'till I see a good deal on a replacement.Got rid of the original saddle and the suspension seat post. Replaced with an alloy seat post and a Brooks saddle
The bike fits comfortably between my road bike and my mountain bike and has become my "go to "bike for most riding.
I would definitley recommend it to anyone who wants a reasonably priced bike, that will get you where you want to go in comfort and style. If you have a real need for speed, stay away!

Similar Products Used: none
Clutch   Commuter [Nov 28, 2007]
Strength:

Respectable and reliable construction at a low price; likely to stand up well to the salt and slush. Excellent value for a city commuter.

Suspension seatpost = Yuck. Nothing on the bike is of particularly high quality, and no stock fenders, lights or rack, unlike some commuters.

I got this bike for commuting through the salt-heavy Canadian winter (8K each way) rather than sacrificing my Devinci. At the price, it's a big step up from the cheapest hybrids, which were wastes of money compared to just buying a used throw-away MTB. Mine, at least, came with a stock rigid fork -- lighter than the massive front suspension on bikes in this range -- and double-walled rims. The components, e.g., Acera rear derailleur and Tekto V brakes, are low-end but proven reliable, so I expect this to last for at least a few winters. The ride is stable and smooth, if unremarkable, with the adjustable stem giving some control over how upright a ride you prefer.

This is a good winter bike, even for a serious rider, and would make a fine, comfortable year-round commuter and bike-about-town for a more recreational rider.