Giant 2003 Cypress 2003 Hybrid Bike

2003 Cypress

PVM   Recreational Rider [Jul 20, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable enough. Easy to shift. Well priced. Good starter bike for sure.

Heavy, slow. Seat isn't wonderful, but isn't bad. Can seem inadequate pretty quickly. It does not easily fit onto a rear carrier and you can't put it and road bike comfortably on the same carrier.

The bike is okay. I had a Puegeot road bike in college - a long time ago. I haven't had a bike since 1976 - and this is a very different bike from what I had then. I started riding again for balance and exercise and this is fine - if slow. I also wanted a bike to take the dogs jogging and this seemed heavy enough to control them. I have done this once and the bike performed well. [The dog weighs 75 pounds] The gearing is good for modest inclines along parts of the North Country trail in NY as far Yorkville, anyway. Shifting is sure. The tires perform well when I run off the bike path. The seat is - well - I replaced it with something less constricting.