Trek Navigator 300 2003 Hybrid Bike

Trek Navigator 300 2003 Hybrid Bike

[Apr 24, 2016]
Kelly

Strength:

Value, durability, comfort, utility.

My 300 was purchased new about 15 years ago in the Fl. Keys. It has been used mostly around salt water yet has little rust....some on handlebars & quick release wheel holders. My Trek is comfortable, low maintenance, light, fast enough & unkillable. I've added a air pump, bottle holder, rear carrier, computer, mirror & front bag to carry gear. Best, most versatile bike I've ever owned.

[Oct 19, 2013]
marvin

Strength:

the bike is a very strong bike goes about 32klm downhill on flat road about 28klm the bike is one of the best sucks it got stolening an the ttc train station i miss it very much have to get one again

non

cant wait to have a next one thats alll

i use other bikes but nothing like it

[Sep 27, 2012]
Joanne Rosnau

Strength:

Bike was relatively inexpensive -- but I should have spent more to get better quality.

This bike has always been stored indoors, yet only two years after purchase, the nickel-plated components began rusting, including the handlebar and the tire quick-release lever. The one-year warranty has expired...the store where I purchased the bike has been trying to deal with their Trek rep but has heard nothing in week and cautions me not to expect much from the rep if he/she ever does get in touch.

This was the first, and will be the last, Trek bike I ever purchase.

[Apr 16, 2012]
Cynical Man

Strength:

durability--i've had mine 12 years with nary and adjustment and only 1 flat...

none...

people, people, people...please learn the difference between "break" and "brake"...this is embarrassing...

[Apr 09, 2011]
Raymond

Strength:

Very Comfortable

Break adjustments at handlebars to soft.

We organize bicycle tours in Bangkok and only use the Trek Navigator for our tours. They are the best and most comfortable available and are a iron horse

[Feb 21, 2011]
horn2tr

Strength:

Comfortable, lightweight, and fast with different tires on it. Tough bike and the chain is virtually silent along with the gearing. Other riders get bugged when I am able to pass them on this bike! It's sneaky fast............I also added a trip computer, lights, and a pump.

I bought this bike used on Ebay and love it! The first thing I did was replace the tires to some thinner tires, it was slow and now I pass road racers! I also had to replace the seat. I ride 10-12 miles almost every day on bike paths and up and down hills. This bike is very comfortable and is enabling me to get into biking. I am trying to lose some weight and it's not a very heavy bike, does everything I want, so I am happy.

[May 10, 2010]
Jiri Kadlec

Strength:

Durability (works perfectly after 1 year rough riding in all weather including snow) - only minor maintenance like gear adjustment and chain replacement was required.
Comfortable - Riding this bike is enjoyable for commuting, rough trails as well as long distance touring. With the more upright seating position, it's easy to look around and enjoy the surrounding city and countryside.

This is not the bike for the ultra-fast sportsmen. I wouldn't recommend it for extremely rough stony mountain trails (although it will do fine on unpaved roads or moderate difficulty trails).

If you like an universal, multi-purpose bike for riding all year round for commuting, recreation and bike touring, the Trek Navigator is the best choice. I don't have a car and I ride the bike 6 miles and back every day to work. On weekend I enjoy riding on the more rough mountain trails around Idaho Falls. This bike is also very comfortable for riding in all types of terrain and weather. The rear pannier can carry a very heavy load of groceries. I have traveled 5000 miles on this bike last year (including cold winter months) and with basic maintenance, it still works perfectly.

[Apr 26, 2010]
Tracy

Strength:

Sitting position

Not full suspension

I have the Navigator 300 WSD ladies bike and think it's great for general recreational riding. Love the sitting position, very comfortable seat. Horses for courses it's a great bike to run around with the kids on, can't fault it.

[Nov 29, 2009]
Mary Jane

Strength:

None.

Everything.

I am an avid spinner but on occassion I like to ride my bike around the neighborhood- 7 or so miles at a fast clip. Well, this particular bike just doesn't have it. Yes, I am a senior but this bike is for the very slow, unsteady rider. When I try and go at a good pace, every muscle in my body screams out. It is stiff and unless I got a dud, it is the most miserable bike to ride that I have ever owned. I come home frustrated and angry that I actually bought and am stuck with this bike. It has so many gears and none of them are suitable. I have tryed them all. If I use number 7 on the right and a 2 or a 3 on the left, I can ride the bike sort of well but it is a cardiovascular challenge. If I put it lower, my legs fly around the wheels as it is too light. I am not convinced that TREK sells bikes that cause this much issue. I have taken it back for servicing to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[Apr 24, 2009]
DrJack

Strength:

Good quality, sturdy, good (not great) components. The stem is adjustable.

Weight.

This is a rather heavy "comfort" bike for this older rider. It is built like a tank (sturdy) and handles minor dirt trails with aplomb. It is a very upright ride (comfortable, but slow).