Bianchi Veloce 2003 Road Bike

Veloce

dan shea   Recreational Rider [Sep 05, 2007]

i retired my univega and bought my last bike this life time...after trying everything...nothing came close to the steel-carbon-campy-celeste..i'm way happy...what a rush

bill   Recreational Rider [Jan 03, 2007]

I got an '06 Veloce two weeks ago. Changed the seat post right away. OEM seatpost is heavy and cheap. THe pump peg was brazed on crooked so the dealer contacted Bianchi. Bianchi demanded photos of the peg and then said it didn't look so bad! It points in the direction of the left pedal. I'm waiting for Bianchi to honor their warranty. Wish I had goten a Specialized Roubaix instead. Much better quality, even though I prefer a compact double crank.

davido8   Commuter [Apr 27, 2005]
Strength:

Light smooth ride.

The seat post stunk, so I put on a Use Alien carbon post. I do wish that I had carbon bars as well.

This bike exceeded my expectations. The Aluminum wasn't as harsh as I was thinking it would be. It accelerates so fast and is very light. I love the Campy components. Veloce is way better than the Shimano 105 and Ultegra that I demoed. It is a very smooth, fun bike to ride. The ride is just as smooth as any of the newer bikes I've ridden.

Similar Products Used: Giant, Specialized, Cannondale
babinoff   Recreational Rider [Jun 14, 2003]
Strength:

-good climber -smooth at all speeds -good gear set-up for hilly areas -high sex appeal

-low rider posture takes a little getting used to -Front wheel feels lightly loaded going up hills

The first impressions of this bike right out of the box are very good with the exciting color scheme and Campy components-no wild shifting cables protruding like on Shimano-equipped bikes. I rode a chromo bike with Shimano 600 for the last 14 years before giving this aluminunm bike with Campy Veloce a try. While I heard so many words about aluminum being harsh, I haven't noticed any real difference in road feel between the Bianchi and my old bike. If I had to comment, I'd say the Bianchi is stiffer, yet comfortable, smoother but a good climber. The largest adjustments for me are that the ride position is lower and places your fanny further back with the geometry. The longest ride I've done thus far was a 75-mile ride I did last Saturday. By the end of that ride, my rear end was sore. But that could be the rider. This bike feels good on climbs, especially while standing. The comments I read about Campy Veloce were consistent with what I found: long throw on chainring up-shift. Yeah, it is, but you anticipate it so it doesn't really matter. I live amongst hilly terrain and I'm pleased to report the 2-chainring system is more than adequate to spin well. No need for triples.

Similar Products Used: 1989 Centurion Ironman w/ Shimano 600 (Triathlon Bike)
Steve   Recreational Rider [Jun 05, 2003]
Strength:

Celeste green tribal pattern- love it or hate it but it's hard to miss.

I'm not terrible impressed with bianchi's hubs which they used instead of campy's. I'll need to buy a seperate rear skewer to ride it on a trainer.

O.K., I was checking the reviews and saw the one for the Steel fram Veloce with the guy who got into biking on a used Centurion Accord- me too 1st gen. index shifting. So I thought I'd give my two cents on my first "real bike". This is Bianchi's aluminum frame and a very different ride from the Veloce triple (steel). Steel is real as they say but I really like this bike- super responsive, very aggressive -reasonable quiet for aluminum (not as smooth as the steel but lighter/more lively). Rides well when ridden hard but a bit harsh when your taking it easy. Aero's must be pretty good cause I'm freewheeling downhill past some pretty nice rides w/about same weight.

Similar Products Used: Giant TCR1, Bianchi Veloce 2002(steel)
Robert   Recreational Rider [Apr 04, 2003]
Strength:

The bike is very stiff, but forgiving at the same time. The Camp components work smoothly (big reason I got the bike). The carbon fork is a bit better at dampening road shock than the steel one on another Bianchi I tried.

This bike is heavy. I haven't weighed it but it's over 25. My mountain bike feels much lighter lighter. That said, I wish I would have spent more and gotten a lighter bike. Most of the weight is from the low-end BB, cranks, and wheels.

Great buy for the money, but heavy.

Similar Products Used: This is my first road bike. I've ridden mountain bikes for years, but kept eating up the tires on long road rides.