Giant TCR Elite 0 2003 Road Bike

Giant TCR Elite 0 2003 Road Bike

[Apr 25, 2015]
Rich Baker

Strength:

Strong, fast, light, durable, fun, climbs amazingly well.

My biggest complaint is I wish the front sprockets were 53/42/30 instead of 53/39/30.

Here it is the middle of 2015 and "yes" I'm still riding this bike. The aluminum frame with the carbon fork and stays, and the geometry makes for a great ride. I had to change out the seat post and stem because my body shrunk a little bit, and I need a little more bend in my knees than I did twelve years ago. I wondered if the aluminum/carbon connections would hold up but hasn't been an issue. It just works great and don't see the need to get rid of it. Those wheels are bomb proof. I have hardly had to even true them.

[Dec 26, 2009]
James Grady

Strength:

It always feels new, always feels fast. Super for climbing, it bolts up hills.

Are you kidding me! None!

Smooth as silk, it fit me like a glove from the time I sat on it. I have a medium frame. I have been riding the bike since July 2003. Additionally, I don't ever see myself buying another bike. It's like finding the right woman, why change.

Nothing compares. I have yet to find a match. My OCRone1 is sized the same but it still doesn't compare.

[Jan 14, 2005]
bobk

Strength:

Fast when you want speed and very stiff. Great climber and light. approx. 16.5# with speedplay pedals and meter. Love the 700x26 tires I use lised under bike set up. The carbon stays,fork and seat post make the stiffness of the alum frame go away.

Just one, makes my legs tired from the joy of riding it.

Purchased as retirement gift to myself for ride quality with rear carbon stays and carbon fork and carbon seat post.

nothing close to this.

[Oct 28, 2003]
Ronin79

Strength:

Bicycle responds well to sprints and hill climbs

Stock seat was uncomfortable that I swapped it for the Selle San Marco era composite (carbon) and stock handle bar good but to narrow to be a size 42. The Easton EC-90 size 42 felt wider. Occasional descents with occasional vibration if head set not regularly tightened.(personal preferance)

A very race-ready bicycle. I've ridden the bicycle for over 2000 miles of consistent riding (20 miles per day minimum to 40 on days off from work. Spec'd with Dura Ace components, Dura Ace pedals, EASTON EC-90 handle bar, Selle San Marco ERA Composite seat, and CAT EYE Astrale computer, and TACX TAO water bottle cage

Demo'd Litespeed Sienna (Felt a drag on the sprinting in comparison to the TCR elite 0

[Apr 11, 2003]
pat fagen

Strength:

light, great groupo , 44cm bars , nice seat with cut out grove, sweet wheelset ,new school geometry,

stiff, rides hard, cables were routed poorly on bars,valve stems to short had to swap out to 46mm,fitting stem and seat post was a hastle at shop i down loaded chart off giant site and i knew more than shop guys it was a good shop to..i ended up using a # 1 stem and #2 post iam 5-10 and 162lbs 30in inseam ,normal build .

nice ride happy with geometry and new school look .time will tell . i have problems with getting stiff neck and body but this bike helps a ton with posture and you dont look like a wank bag with a high angle stem bike...make sure you get mavic spoke holder and nipple tool with new bike for the ksyrum wheels it comes with new wheelset,tires are sweet...

previous bike was a lightspeed catalyst campy chorus,helium wheelset, ti frame

[Mar 23, 2003]
Suzita

Strength:

Very lightweight, my bike is 16.5lbs with speedplay pedals, computer AND water bottle cage. It is lighter than my old full record bike!

Haven't discovered any yet

Racy & comfortable. The perfect blend of all that I want in a road bike. The gearing is ideal for all types of rides and all the components on the bike are excellent quality.

Giant Once Record bike. I like the geometry on the Elite better. Longer wheel base, higher head tube & carbon wishbone is sweet.

[Feb 02, 2003]
Phedrae

Strength:

The gearing, wheels, and frame all make hill climbing as good as it gets.

The head bearing is not all it should be and you can get vibration on fast decents.

It comes with the gears I need to do the hills up and down. A great racing and touring bike. Comfort is good and the front and rear carbon forks and stays give the right road feel.

Cannondale--old and heavy but rock steady