Giant TCR Elite 1 2003 Road Bike

Giant TCR Elite 1 2003 Road Bike

[May 20, 2003]
Max

Strength:

Light,Nimble,Fast.Very good looks.A little over 19 lbs (55cm) minus reflectors.Super components for this price.

Italia saddle made me sorry I bought this bike initially. Swapped it for a Laser V. Major improvement .Giant's OCR 2 comes with a stock saddle, much cushier than the more expensive Italia, also.

Got a really good deal on this bike from the fine staff at Westchester Wheels.I was looking for something quicker than my steel frame Raleigh, without giving up too much in comfort.I ride primarily for fitness, and 45 minutes to an hour on this bike is an enjoyable workout.

Raleigh Super Record,Miyata 912,Jamis Qwest, Cannondale and Trek

OVERALL
[May 14, 2003]
chainring

Strength:

The ride and handling are it's main strengths. The components and overall quality for the money can't be beat.

The brake pads are way to soft. I've been on steep decents where I didn't think I could stop at the end. I'll swap them out. The 700 by 25 tires are a little spongey but I'm getting use to the ride.

I ended up with this bike because of my hard to fit biuld. I have very long legs and arms with a very short torso. The relaxed fit of the elite fit me to a T. The fact that the carbon fork and rear triangle softened up the ride were a big plus. Our rides are usually 20 to 35 miles and the comfort level throughout the ride is something I've never experienced before. For all its comfort the response and cornering are top notch. The elite is so lite that the exceleration is quick and it climbs like a goat. I love this bike.

Gunner steel, 105 componets.

OVERALL