Scattante CFR Carbon Road - Ultegra 2003 Road Bike

Scattante CFR Carbon Road - Ultegra 2003 Road Bike

[Jul 16, 2011]
Ted

Strength:

Durable, light, reliable group(po), rolls smooth and will never get ripped off when stopped for mid-ride feeds while riding with my Calfee buds

I've owned this bike for over 8 years - have 1000s of miles on it and nothing has failed, flexed too far, or fallen off. From time to time I get the urge to update this bike but after demo rides on bikes that cost 3 times as much I decide that the 'upgrade' can wait another year.

More than a few things in the garage from 500 to 3500 bucks.

[Apr 12, 2010]
Marty B

Strength:

Stiff frame, great components, good fit. Manages road vibration very well for a 2003 technology bike. Great climber, super stable and quick downhill. Looks nice, too: all black / carbon with red & white graphics (but not too many!).

None come to mind. You might want to swap out the Selle Italia XO saddle but it's not bad for its price range.

I borrowed this bike from my friend about 1 year ago (April 2009). I ride about 400 miles per week with the occasional century thrown in. My routes include lots of climbing and long, fast descents. The Scattante has not disappointed me in any way. I'm 55 years old, former club rider coming back from years of inactivity, bad back and neck. The CFR is very comfortable. The geometry allows me to put a lot of force on the cranks without abnormal stress on my back and shoulders. It climbs very well and goes downhill like a rocket. Other than possibly upgrading to new Ultegra or DuraAce there is nothing I would change about this bike. Every time I give it a good cleaning somebody asks me "did you get a new bike?" Not bad for a 7 year old frame!

Various

[Nov 11, 2009]
ernestsafe

Strength:

Carbon monocoque frame is durable and light an so beautiful

Short cranks(They spin great though)

Loving my new bike. Howeever, Wish I could find my stolen Quattro Assi. The 2000 dollar insurance deductible made it imposssible for me to replace my 4 Aces..But for 1440 I was able to almost replace my bike.

My former and stolen bike

[Aug 30, 2009]
Owl Biker

Strength:

Great frame, components and warrantee at a price severla hundred dollars below comparable bikes

None that I've noted yet, although I did find the geometry to be a bit too aggressive for a 40 something rider and reduced the size of the original stem on the handlebars.

Great value, with nice carbon frame and top of the line components. Very responsive to the rider with great acceleration on hills and smooth and quick stopping from the brakes. I had it up to 40 MPH and noted none of the issues identified in some other reviews. The price combined with 20% store credit made the purchase a much better value than other bigger brands. The Performance store service crew is a bit of a challenge but the bike is top notch.

Bianchi Imola with aluminum frame

[Aug 03, 2009]
Cruz

Strength:

The stock components are great - Ultegra all around, great wheels for stock - Mavic Ksyriums. Great, light, stiff frame!

Haven't found any yet!

I have been loving this bike more and more with every ride. I rode the Courage Classic here in Colorado and have gotten the bike up to 50mph on beautiful decents, this bike felt as stable as if I was riding 10mph. It was unbelievable! Climbing Vail pass is normally no joke, this bike did incredible, nice stiff full crank make me work, but the bike was awesome! We rode the century ride on the second day, after 58miles the first day, I wasn't sore at all! I love this thing!

Cannondale Synapse, Fuji Race, Rocky Mountain, Litespeed

[May 27, 2009]
charles

Strength:

it is light for me,8,1kgs , easy to pedal on hills, beautiful, and 40percent of a brand bike, the standard kenda tires took a long time to flat

no problems until now

Have brought the bike to Brazil and found no defects, assembled, it is a beauty.
The dinamics of the bike is very good, i read many times about how a carbon and semi sloped frame can accelerate faster in hills, i couldn~t believe that big difference would occur i relation to my R500 cannondale, but i am enchanted by the way it is easy to accelerate on hills. overall i am very satiesfied with the bike,, a litle difficult to get used to the forte seat, but after about 10 times i was used to, the 105 shimano components are very good

cannondale r500

[May 07, 2009]
NLatto

Strength:

Low weight. My bike is a 60cm frame and weighs in at 19.8 lbs.

Can't really think of one right now.

I bought the CFR frame for $300 and added Dura Ace components and Mavic wheels. This is a vey underated bike. To buy a bike of this caliber with the components I have, would be well over $2000. I have about $1100 total in it.

[Apr 30, 2008]
Dr. Sprocket

Strength:

smooth & fast, great gear ratio for me a real hill bike ,descends and responds to every impulse of my thoughts and imputt

saddle, rims

I have owned cannondale,specelized,treck,& to many more to mention all high end, I have been riding & racing for over 30 years ,dam Im old .I have logged in as of january 1st 2008 a total of 96,785. miles+,mostly road looked hard at the allez .then at the scattante .tested both , purchased the performance CFR COMP SCATTANTE & REALY PUT IT THROUGH ITS PACES. I love it, up graded to mavic rims carbon/cranks campi derailer,dumped the forte saddle (STITCHING DESTROYES SHORTS).SPEC-TIrail carbon GEL SADDLE. 3 months 2,504 miles and 46 years of age and im in love with my new bike and the road all over again . YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS PURCHASE TWO THUMPS UP even with stock equipment ,a great bike for the price

specilized cannondale treck lemond garyfisher

[Feb 06, 2008]
Junbo72

Strength:

Light, fast, smooth ride. Carbon frame, full Ultegra, $1400.

None so far.

This is for the '06 Ultegra set-up.
I've been riding a Specialized Allez for the past few years, and wanted to try Carbon. I was looking at frames and they were starting at close to $1,000.00. For another $400 bones I got a full Ultegra kit too. I did switch out the cranks for my Dura Ace, and threw on my Ksyrium Elites. The bike rides great, really responsive, fast, and very smooth and comfortable. I've gotten it close to 40 mph, and the bike still feels very solid. The geometry of the bike seems to work well for me. I must admit I was a little unsure about getting a "generic" type frame, but after riding a couple 50 mile rides, and pushing the bike in climbs and flats, I am very happy with my decision. The shop also said that the frame has a lifetime warranty from defects.
Speed, responsiveness, and comfort. Nice to get it all.
I give a 5 because of what I mention above, and because I really can't think of anything bad at all. The bike is just so fun to ride.

Specialized Allez. Blue RC7.

[Jan 30, 2008]
mike h

Strength:

great feel, smooth ride, great price, ultegra comp,

i bit of vibration, but nothign to bad.

i have used this bike for the past 3 years and has been great. even on downhill high speeds of 44mph there was little vibration, and the bike handles and shifts great.i have compare it to my oold cannondale R1000 and trek 5200. i have to say it is about the same but with a lot cheaper price tag.

cannodale R1000 and trek 5200