1upUSA Aluminum Quik-Rack Hitch Carrier Bike Rack

Aluminum Quik-Rack Hitch Carrier

The 1up USA Quik-Rack has more features than any other bike carrier. Fully assembled and ready for use. You won't get bags full of nuts and bolts to assemble. It mounts to your vehicle in 10 seconds with a unique corner expander ball that eliminates all wobble and play. To mount the Quik-Rack just insert it until it stops, then tighten the anti-theft security expender bolt (1-2 turns). That's it! No Hitch Pin or bolt to install or lose. 1up USA even provides the anti-theft security tool needed for the 5 second job. To remove the Quik-Rack just loosen the anti-theft security expender bolt (1-2 turns) and remove the Quik-Rack from the hitch. The one-of-a-kind anti-theft security tool and expender bolt prevents rack or Add-On theft. You can switch from 1-1/4" to 2" receiver in about 10 seconds with the adapter provided. When not in use it folds down in just 5 seconds and fits back in it's reusable box only 30" X 14" X 8" and weighs only 22 pounds. Small enough to fit in the trunk of your vehicle.

Rokh On   [Apr 26, 2013]
Strength:

I recently switched from a well known name brand to this rack. Strictly my opinion but I believe the quality is highly understated. No plastic parts to worry about just machined aluminum. It is as easy to install and load a bike on as any of the you tube video's proclaim. My bike is secure and once the arms are locked down in place nothing moves.

Haven't found one yet.

I'm really glad I opted to go with this rack. The argument can be made that is is pricey. Yep it does cost more than some of the other popular racks. For me this has clearly turned out to be one of those "you get what you pay for" items.

Time will tell how it will hold up and I will update as needed but with my limited use so far I have no complaints and would recommend checking out this rack.

dwbike1   [Sep 01, 2012]
Strength:

Bikes load and unload securely in seconds. I bought the single rack with the one bike add on and use it on a 2" receiver. No wobble at all. This is a well designed, solid rack that is better than anything else I've seen.

None that I've found so far.

Great rack, well worth the cost.

ddimick   [Feb 20, 2012]
Strength:

Easy to install and easy to use. Installing it into the hitch receiver is very simple and can be done in about a minute. Taking bicycles in and out is simple and can be done in seconds. Adding additional trays to hold more bicycles is easy.

Fits both 2" and 1.5" hitch receivers. Rack can swing down in order to give rear car doors enough clearance to open, even with bikes in the rack.

Bicycles are held securely and nothing touches the frame. The only contact points are on the tires. There are no straps that need to be used.

No integrated locking mechanism means you'll have to figure out how to secure your bikes on your own. A combination of a u-lock and cable works for me, but they don't come with the rack.

Cannot be used with a flat tire. You could possibly use rags between the rim, tray, and retention arm in this scenario, but I have not attempted it myself.

The 1upUSA rack isn't the least expensive. Just the best.

dhchampion   Recreational Rider [Jul 07, 2011]
Strength:

Everything: build quality, ease of use, ease of installation, ease of folding, how well it holds the bike during transport...

Eh?

Solid, well engineered, easiest to use/install bike rack, EVER! I will never, ever buy any other bike rack, as it will be a waste of money and time. Some people mention price is high, but compared to a similar 2 bike Yakima hold-up (or Thule), you only really pay $40-50 more for a 2-bike 1upUSA modular rack that is a far superior, made in the USA engineered work of art that holds your bike rock solid (no cheapo rubber or plastic tie-downs). I can't stress enough how easy it is to use with no assembly required out of the box. I am confident a 1 year old baby can unbox the rack and install it on the car and load a bike in under a minute...NO EXAGGERATION!

Similar Products Used: Yakima RimRock (decent rack but discontinued), various trunk racks...
JohnJ80   Recreational Rider [Apr 20, 2011]
Strength:

Modular
Light weight
Tightest bike mount pitch (close to car).
Easiest to store

Expense but you get what you pay for.

I've had one of these for 2 years. It's the best rack out there, bar none. We've hauled bikes thousands of miles on it.

It's modular - only as many trays as you have bikes to haul. Mounts super fast - 30seconds literally. Light weight easy for anybody (man or woman) to carry and install. Stores on your garage wall no hassle.

Highly recommended.