Yakima Boa Bike Rack

Boa

The Boa is a unique and flexible design that features a pivoting wheeltray enabling you to mount bikes on a LoadWarrior cargo basket, or on standard Yakima crossbars at a killer price. Pivoting wheeltray enables it to fit any crossb...

Vitix2   Recreational Rider [Aug 19, 2009]

The Yakima Boa is an adequate mounting system for your rooftop rack. I purchased one several years ago when I had a sports car with a short roofline. The boa was the only Yakima system available at the time that allowed for variable spread between the crossbars.

It seems to hold my bikes extremely secure. I imagine that getting the bike mounted is harder without a tray because you cannot plop the wheel in the tray after lifting it above your vehicle until you get the fork skewer mounted. Instead you either have to hold your bike suspended until you get the fork in the rack's skewer, or you have to rest the wheel on your roof/sunroof.

I don't have experience with any other roof racks, but the noise generated by the large shape of the BOA fork mounts seem to generate more wind noise than I imagine low profile mounts like the viper would.

In all, I'm very happy, they do there job, they look the part, and they don't cause a problem with my sunroof. My ratings may seem a little low simply because I don't have anything to compare the BOAs too.

OVERALL