Blackburn Flea Front Lights

Flea Front

The Blackburn Flea front headlight with four LED's and 40 lumen output make it the brightest rechargeable cycling light in the world. Normal, Overdrive, and flash modes. Battery lasts 3-6 hours depending on mode used.

jortony   Triathlete [Apr 21, 2010]
Strength:

very bright
innovative

battery

I just made this post at an online store, but it seems this would be a better venue, and less likely to be moderated by a capitalist with a backstock.
This is my experience:

I have used the Flea for about 6 months. The battery is unreliable; it doesn't charge intuitively, and leaves you in the dark. The part which makes it sneaky and irritating is also a bonus. The light will start at a high intensity but drops off within a few minutes when discharged which can happen after 12 hours of charging unpredictably, and yes I know how to verify its charging, there is a battery protection switch which turns the light off when voltage drops, but if you turn the light back on in a pinch there is 10 seconds or so of light to let people know you're on the road. Most of my commute is through the countryside at night, so the stars usually suffice. My girlfriend also bought one of these at a different time, different store, and a combo pack, and she has had worse luck than I. On a good charge I would say that there is maybe 3 hours of light.

Similar Products Used: Many headlights by Cateye, Niterider, and Cygolight under $300 over 9 years.
OVERALL