Specialized Hardlock Rapper Lock Locks

Hardlock Rapper Lock

Medium-length Kevlar covered steel cable and mounting bracket for security.

salevin   Recreational Rider [Oct 13, 2003]
Strength:

Thick cable, Kevlar sheathe, tubular lock.

Bought one for my son before he went off to college. Lock failed in 3 days due to manufacturing defect. There is no mfg. warranty and my son had to ship it back to me from out of towm to exchange it and he had to buy a second lock in the meantime. I also failed to get a yes/no answer from the store I purchased it from when I went in to ask if it had a warranty. Just some BS about how one shouldn't really believe in warranties. They did, though, replace it in the end.

Manufacturing quality control problems. No written warranty.

OVERALL
JOSHUA ZELL   Commuter [Aug 02, 2002]
Strength:

flexibility of a cable but lighter, uncommon enough to confuse newbie thieves, hard crust for a little dough, tested for two years in NYC with one of the best beater bikes ever made.

mounting bracket is for show only, bulky to carry unless worn, Rambo look attractive to some men

I've used this around the city and have had no problems. I wouldn't trust it overnight, but during the day I don't worry. Clippers wont get at it and you can't really bang it open like some u-locks. It took a pro 30 minutes in one test. Fits around a lampost and is light. Comfortable to wear across your chest, Rambo look also a plus with the ladies. Probably as tough as any cable or tougher.