Finish Line Krytech Wax Lube

Krytech Wax

Finish Line's WAX Lube goes on wet, but dries to a hard, dry, super-slick wax film. No oily greasy film to attract or absorb dust and dirt. DuPont's metal bonding Krytox? lubricating film in combination with M2 molybdenum, specialized waxes...

gregr3674   Commuter [Jul 22, 2015]
Strength:

None. Ok, the cap comes off easily, unlike the stupid child-proof "push down and turn" cap on my bottle of FinishLine Teflon. That's the ONLY strength of this item.

All. It's not dry, it holds dirt, it's only useful for short rides

Ok, this is supposed to be a DRY lube that creates a wax surface that flakes off? No, it does not do that. It "dries" to a tacky paste like thin grease or room-temperature butter.

You want a good dry flake-off wax film? Buy a box of paraffin wax from the hardware store, melt it in a double-boiler, remove and clean your chain (I use kerosene, but mineral spirits are good too), let the chain dry, then dunk the chain in the melted wax. Let it sit there for an hour or two, then slowly pull it out letting excess drip back down into double boiler. Hang to dry, then put on bike. Done. Now you DO have a proper dry wax film that will flake off. Cheaper, but more involved. And far FAR better!

You wanna know how much I dislike the Finish Line Wax stuff? I took the labels off the bottle so that I'm not reminded of what the junk is while it sits on my shelf waiting for... I don't know what for.

OVERALL