White Lightning Clean Ride Lube

Clean Ride

This set of 12 four-ounce White Lightning Squeeze bottles is all the lube youll need for quite a while.  It is a dry wax lubricant.  It is oil free, so it does not absorb dirt on the trail. SHIPPING RESTRICTION This item i...

jim callaghan   Recreational Rider [Sep 03, 2010]
Strength:

Provides for a clean drive train with no accumulation of dirt or grit.

Simply does not work as a chain lube.

I just built my dream bike and wanted to keep my new Force drive train looking good. With this in mind I decided to use White Lighting's Clean Ride wax lube. Following the directions carefully, I first cleaned my new PC-1070 chain and then applied the lube, shaking well, wiping off the excess, and allowing to dry. On the first ride, the drive train ran quietly for 30 minutes. After that it became progressively loader until at the 20 mile mark the chain was loudly squeaking - not good I thought. A post ride check revealed that the drive train was very clean so I decided to try again. Applying more lube this time (which is a difficult process as this product has the consistency of water), wiping off the excess (which was abundant), and allowing to dry over night.
The following day's ride gave the same results, a squeaking chain by 20 miles.
While my drive train does still look new, the poor performance of this product as a lube has caused me to revert back to a more traditional oil based chain lube.

Similar Products Used: Phil Wood, Finish Line.
OVERALL