Cane Creek SL Road Brake Brake Calipers

Cane Creek SL Road Brake Brake Calipers

Cane Creek SL Road Brake

Origin:
The SL traces is heritage to our 200SL road brake, which established itself as a staple of road bikes on a weight-purging diet. By switching from conventional dual-pivot brakes to a pair of 200SLs, road riders could knock off at least 70 grams—enough of a savings to be a performance upgrade in its own right.

The SL advances the performance edge even further. The original 200SL’s weighed a svelte 125g per caliper but the new SL adds the superior performance of a dual pivot with only a 7g increase in weight. That’s proven performance that you can’t pass up.

Construction:
The SL's Dual Pivot design musters plenty of stopping power and precise control, because we've optimized all the ingredients. The brake arms start out strong as cold-forged aluminum and are CNC-machined to relieve weight without sacrificing integrity. Titanium hardware provides the other main source of gram reduction, bringing the SLs in at a world-beating 264 grams a pair. The adjustable spring tension helps provide a light yet powerful feel while the Kool-Stop Cartridge brake pads assure the rider of precise control in all conditions.

• Materials: Cold-forged, TT7 aluminum arms with light aluminum quick release mechanism, 6v/4al titanium pivot and fixing bolts and other hardware
  • Reach: 39-49mm
  • Weight: 264g per Pair
  • Colors: Silver with Blue laser etching or Black with white laser etching

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 20, 2018]
    dananton485

Strength:

Own the dual pivots in black with the white lizard. Love that little lizard! I also have a set of Cain Creek costs top levers added to my drop bars for added versatility. I primarily use the cross tops at stop lights or standing stationary with my bike. I use Campagnolo drive train throughought except for these calipers so that I feel indicates the level of quality thay these calipers have. I did not weigh them but they are very light. A great feature is the micro tension adjustments on each arm. Two on the front two on the rear. One is a 1.5 mm Allen the other is a 2mm, they are useful for micro tension adjustments which I usually do after setting up the cable tension. Not sure how many other brands have this micro adjustment capability but I find it a very nice feature. Older bikes that I’ve had including Campagnolo calipers did not offer this micro adjustment. Technically I think they refer to these as the spring tension adjusters. Actuation is very smooth though this is more of a reflection of the cable housing.

The main weakness is that this caliper is no longer on the market as far as I know. I was lucky enough to get a new old stock on EB

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    Used
    [Feb 13, 2010]
    adlerk

Strength:

Great stopping power, Smooth modulation. Great value, Great looking.

No little lizzerd on them.

I found a pair of Tektro R740 for $25. witch is the same brake as the Cane Creek SL. except for the ti hardware that saves just 12 grams. The R740 stops great Smooth and fast. What more do you need in a brake? I feel that the little lizzerd is not worth the extra $150.