TRP Hy-Rd Disc Brake Calipers

TRP Hy-Rd Disc Brake Calipers

[Jul 26, 2015]
John

Strength:

Dual Piston Hydraulic Brake for very good power and modulation , can use Shimano Brake Pads. No Hydraulic Brake Lines to deal with , You can use any Mechanical Brake lever with it ( This alone will save you a lot of Money when using these on a bike with drop bar road or cross bike).Reliable and fairly easy to service.

fairly large and heavy calipers ,because the fluid reservoir's are part of the Calipers.Their size and weight maybe a problem for some.

I have these on my only 2 bicycle's (2015 Jamis Aurora and a 2015 Jamis Bosanova) ) and 10 months later I am very happy with the reliability and ease of maintenance of them. I own No Car and ride 7 days a week during all hours of the day and night, In all weather Conditions and heavy loads.These are a way to get the benefits of both Hydraulic and Mechanical Disc brakes without the Drawbacks of either. I have been 100% pleased with these.

OVERALL
[Mar 16, 2015]
boonerz

Strength:

Great modulation, hard to believe they're cable actuated. Brakes feel like full hydraulic, no cable feel. These came stock on my cross bike and they are awesome. I was a little intimidated at first, but after some break-in period i quickly realized that I could brake later...and carry more speed into corners. Very powerful too.

Hard to say, none yet. Replacement pads might be a problem as I haven't seen many of these around.

So far, so good. Powerful brake system with great modulation. Nice brake lock-out feature for wheel removal too. Smart set-up. Well done TRP.

OVERALL