Kool-Stop Dura-Ace/Ultegra Replacement Inserts Brake Pads

Dura-Ace/Ultegra Replacement Inserts

Replacement pads by Kool-Stop for cartridge standard road caliper brake shoes, such as Dura-Ace/Ultegra/105 brakes. Black Compound for All-Around Use with Alloy Rims Replacement insert, Pad only Brake Fit - Standard Cartridge Road Calipe...

lebikerboy   Recreational Rider [Mar 12, 2012]
Strength:

Quiet, long wearing, easy on rims, and reasonably priced.

None.

After having tried most of the Shimano variety (and didn't like them) I bought a set of these.
For my riding environment the salmon pads are the best bet, quiet, easy on the rims,
and don't pick up metal like the Shimano versions.

The newer Dura 2 variety last a little longer as the pad material is thicker..

Similar Products Used: Shimano.
OVERALL
Josh   Recreational Rider [Feb 06, 2012]
Strength:

Powerful in any weather conditions
Don't seem aggressive on the rims

haven't found one yet

This is for the Dura-type combo Kool Stop Pads, with holder. I switched to these after burning up another set of Shimano Brand pads in the wetter season and having terrible brake fade when I needed brakes the most.
I found these being advertised as combo wet/dry weather pads that I thought at the time could be the solution to my weather conditions, being in the desert of Eastern Washington its either hot and dry, but seems to rain for about a month in the spring. Anyway, the first day I put these on it was raining again but rode anyway. Heading down the same hill that just 2 days before I missed the turn at the bottom due to wet weather I grabbed the brakes with my normal force and thought uh oh, then after the pads rubbed whatever junk was on the rims off they grabbed and I nearly went over the handlebars. Some 1600+ miles later, they still grab just as strong and quiet.