Oakley Radar Eyewear

Oakley Radar Eyewear

Worn by an array of top professional cyclists, Oakley's newest design features open-edge architecture that maximizes your field of vision through the use of XYZ Optics.

[Apr 19, 2012]
Andrew Cuddihy

Strength:

Very comfortable, excellent optical clarity, rugged, great case included with purchase.

Expensive

I bought my Radar Paths with the prescription lens inserts. These inserts are applied directly to the lens shield. For people like me that have a difficult time with contacts and have a fairly high prescription (mine is +4.25) these are the ticket. Most sunglasses, including others from Oakley, will only accept up to +/- 3.0. The Radar Path will accept up to a 5.0. I was worried that they would look strange and that the "sight lines" might be poor, no worries. These things are fantastic! Comfortable, good looking and great visual quality. I purchased mine with a mirrored finish on the shield and Rx lenses and it all blends together well. You can see the division between the shield and lenses, but I think its a very cool look. Very happy with them!

Bolle Blade with RX insert.

[May 08, 2009]
Eric_H

Strength:

Fit, hydrophobia, excellent optics.

Cost. Aligning my identity with idiots in big trucks with Oakley stickers, wearing Monster Dog glasses with flames on them.

For the longest time I have been a Rudy Project rider, and I have used many different models of Rudy glasses without complaint, the full-size Ekynox being my faves. Back in the 90s I wore Bolle. I always thought Oakley products were over-rated and not worth the hype.

Last fall I bought a pair of Radar Path and they have made me an O convert. These glasses are superb for riding, the main attributes being the hydrophobic lens coating and the fit. The Rudy glasses just do not have the fit nailed like these Radars. Once on, they never move and never require any mid-ride attention. Rudy glasses, even when adjusted properly would always squirm just a bit on me (I have a big cone).

The ear stems are long and straight and while they do touch my helmet retention (Giro Atmos RocLoc) they do actually interfere and they are the key to the Radar glasses staying perfectly still regardless of how I move my head.

I like these so much I just ordered a pair in Livestrong livery so I can be a Lance fanboy for the Giro (plus I support the Livestrong cause).

Rudy Project Kerosene, Tayo, Ekynox, Rydon. Bolle circa Alex Zulle 1993.

[Apr 16, 2009]
kyle982

Strength:

comfort, style and fit

price but they are worth it

i have i livestrong radar paths. they are worth every cent i paid for them, they look super cool and they fit amazing and they are super comfortable for long rides

flax jackets

[Dec 09, 2008]
chickenfried

Strength:

Lens clarity
hydrophobic coating(crossing my fingers that it's permanent as advertised)
comfort, don't notice I'm wearing them
don't fog

cost
looks I look like a total douche wearing these.

I used to think oakley's were all hype. Bored waiting for people to finish shopping at the mall so I Stopped by a sunglass hut. Tried on the radars thought hmmm they're pretty nice. Sucked in by the sunglass hut 90 day return policy I made an impulse buy. But I haven't returned them. Much better than the probikekit pair and the raybans I use when driving.

PBK
Rayban

[Aug 05, 2008]
Jbartmc

Strength:

Great fit, UV protection, and total comfort.

Cost

These glasses were the first expensive pair I have purchased just for cycling. I am very happy with the glasses (dark polarized lenses). The glasses are very comfortable without slipping. I have since ordered a pair for casual wear.

Nothing similar.

[Feb 09, 2008]
JoWu

Strength:

Superb optics. The lenses produce a panoramic vision. The tinting of the lenses changes very rapidly. Very good for riding in the rain.

purchased the Radar with prescription lenses, progressive and photochromatic, to replace my Bole with prescription insert. Inserts are always a problem in rain and cold weather as well as blackflies getting behing the insert.
Oakley was the only company who was willing to manufacture the lenses for me. All other manufacturers I contacted declined after seeing my prescription requirements. I was told that it took Oakley three attempts to get the lenses right, without distortion.
Highly recommended for prescription users.

Bole with inserts

[Feb 01, 2008]
Kris Flatlander

Strength:

Visual Clarity (no distortion)
Large lens coverage
Comfortable
Hydrophobic
Look Awesome

You have to try on the various lens to find which one "fits" you best. I thought the largest size would be best but it just wouldn't work, so try before you buy.
A little expensive, put worth every penny

A replacement for my pair of half jackets. I found the half jackets to get in the way especially when in the drops. The larger lens surface of my Radars (Path) is much better in this respect, rests a bit higher with excellent coverage. The rain proofing they put on the lens is phenomenal, water just seems to bounce off like there's a force field on the lens! I custom designed mine and they look awesome with aluminum polished frame, dark lens tint and red icons. I couldn't think of a better set of shades to have.

Oakley Half Jackets