Performance Sunlasses Eyewear

Performance Sunlasses Eyewear

Performance Sunlasses

[Oct 03, 2008]
Mr. Versatile

Strength:

They fit well, they look good, they're inexpensive.

Lenses are difficult to change, foam rubber lens gasket is falling off after 6 days of use.

I've had these for exactly one week, and they're going back tomorrow. I was hoping these would solve my problem, but they didn't.

Oakleys, Serfas, Tifosi, Nashbar Ares

[Jun 08, 2006]
Damon64

Strength:

Allows great peripheral vision
Inexpensive
Multiple lenses

Seems fragile

After reading about these, I decided to try 'em out. They fit great and offer way better peripheral vision. I had another cheap pair of glasses with frames that blocked out my view to the side. These are inexpensive enough that I wouldn't shed a tear if I broke or lost 'em.

Cheap dept. store shades

[Jul 04, 2005]
Geddy5

Strength:

Fairly priced (though probably like all sun glasses they consist of about $.50 of material)Good lenses, smoked lense is just right for bright sunlight, and the yellows are really immpressive in low light.

Changing lenses is kinda tricky. Be careful and pay attention when doing this as it seems that they may break.

I HATE spending ridiculous amounts of money on sun glasses - after all, they're just plastic! However, the pair of $15 Kmart shades that I was using distorted so badly that I had to get something else. I went to the Performance store here in Tacoma and tried on about 6 pairs before finally deciding on the Quattro's. They came with four sets of lenses and were fairly inexpensive; they don't distort in the least (in fact they are really clear); the yellow lenses are really good in fading light; they stay on my face even when riding 50 miles in 85 degree heat. The only problem with them is changing the lenses - it takes a little bit more force than I am comfortable with to get them in and out. I'm affraid that I will break them. Over all, I would recommend them.

Cheap dime store.

[Jun 01, 2005]
datunney

Strength:

Multiple lenses, relatively inexpensive

They FOG! I ride/commute on my road bike in all kinds of weather and wanted multi-lense glasses. Even though they have breather holes along the top edge, they FOG whenever the humidity is high and I stop or go slow climbing, etc in both cold and warm weather, really bad in cold weather. Did I mention they FOG!

Perf Quattro sunglasses, 4 lenses, carrying case, etc

[May 08, 2003]
JimboTero
Racer

Strength:

Price and looks. Good vision riding in the drops.

1 piece lense cracks down the middle in a matter of weeks ! Removable (WHY??) nosepiece. No case. These glasses are junk and though cheap and marginally functional, not worth it when you can pay a bit more for a slightly higher level Perfomance product without these serious weaknesses.

I bought Performance Flight ( called Tifosi's in '01.) I always make a tradition of somehow breaking my sunglasses, usually by sitting on them, about once a year & wanted an "expendable" pair. Good looking with interchangable lenses but the lense is 1 piece and soon cracked down the middle from the flex of removing and putting on the glasses, especially with one hand to wipe my brow during a ride.( I did NOT sit on them !) Perhaps my head is too wide, but I wear a 7 1/4 hat size so it's not unusually so. The rubber nose piece can be a major annoyace by dropping off - especially when sweaty (always). Can be solved by glueing it on. Why didn't Performance do that in the factory ??

Performance Vector