Pearl Izumi Gel Vent Full Finger Gloves

Gel Vent Full Finger

•Direct Vent construction for superior ventilation
•Shock Absorbing 3D gel inserts & vented palm
•Airprene back overlay for added protection
•Soft microfleece thumb wiping surface
•Slip-on design with quick-pull wrist tab
•Content:Palm: 80% Polyeurethane/10%Gel 10%Nylon Mesh/PVC Coated Back: 80% Nylon/20% Spandex, Wiping Surface: 100% Polyester

brazeej   Recreational Rider [May 06, 2007]
Strength:

The gel inserts are a kind of honeycomb design, which supposedly doesn't pack out as readily over time as regular gel. It is definitely very comfortable so far. The venting on this glove is impressive. It also has a "wiping" surface on the side of each glove, very nice for absorbing sweat and sunscreen. Great protection. No bulky velcro strap at wrist (just pull on and go).

The full finger design is probably not for everyone as I'm sure they are a little warmer in really hot weather than finger-less gloves. These gloves are definitely a little on the pricey side.

These are great! I purchased these full-finger gloves as hand protection for colder rides (I have pretty bad circulation in my fingers). I'm surprised at how well they also vent on warmer days. I've gone from wearing no gloves to using these on practically all my rides. Having been a motorcyclist for a while, I appreciate the level of protection that comes with the full finger coverage.

Similar Products Used: The last (and only other) pair of cycling gloves I've owned was a pair of fingerless L.L. Bean crochet with leather palm. That was the early 1990s, so the scope of my cycling glove experience is not particularly wide.
OVERALL