Bell Aquila Pro Helmets

Bell Aquila Pro Helmets

19 air vents; 14 top and 5 rear

[May 11, 2005]
denniswlee

Strength:

Light, fits my huge head. Keeps my head cool. It protects really really well

I wanted to thank Bell for making such an awesome product. Had it not been for it I may not be alive or all there. I was flung over the handlebars at over 30mph, landed headfirst into the asphalt(I weigh 200lbs). Helmet was broken in 6 places but I survived with just a few dozen scratches, bruises, jammed finger and twisted ankle and a minor concussion. The bike is in shambles, wheels folded, all my clothes, gloves, shoes ripped but I survived. Thank you bell

[Jan 09, 2003]
Robert Rybczynski
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Passed the ultimate test (a crash) TWICE! Light for a $50 helmet Head harness did a good job of keeping the shell off of my skull. Visor was great in both sun and rain. Warm on really cold days. Counts for a lot if it's also raining.

Hot on the worst days. More vents would have been nice.

Really nice helmet. Wore it through 2 crashes. About a month after the second crash the harness broke away from the shell and I had to replace it. The shell showed no signs of damage after either crash.

Had a cheaper Bell. Had to replace it when I lost a fight with an SUV.

[Dec 30, 2002]
mad_minorcan
Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Effectively protects the skull while being very comfortable.

I crashed recently while wearing the Aquila helmet. I came out with only a bump but the helmet cracked in several places. Had it not been for this helmet those cracks would have been in my skull. This helmet saved me a trip to the hospital and it is comfortable too!